Walk Together, Get Healthy Together
The new year is fast approaching and already I have seen friends and family members making new years resolutions on Facebook and Twitter. I promised myself to not make any of those resolutions for the new year but to start making them now. Both my husband and I have talked about wanting to lose weight and to improve out health. He needs to work on his cholesterol and I need to work on my blood pressure and energy levels. With four kids it can be difficult to get exercise in because we have to find people to watch the kids. I’ve been thinking about solutions to our problem and we decided that walking together as a family would work best. We can take the stroller for the infant, while the rest of us walk to help improve out health. The goal is to start off at shorter distances and then increase the distance over time. Getting started is pretty simple and all we need is the right gear. The key is to find the shoes and boots. Check out some of these shoes that I found online.
If you’re thinking about walking or even hiking to help improve your health, then here are a few tips for getting started:
- Choose a route or a walking trail – there are state parks in our area that have lovely walking trails that are perfect for families.
- Choose the right gear – make sure you have the right shoes for walking or hiking. It’s important to make sure your feet are protected.
- Choose a water bottle – we all have reusable water bottles when we go walking or going to the park.
- Choose the right time – since daylight savings time has started we make sure to go out before it starts to get dark.
- Choose some music – we use a bluetooth speaker since we are going as a family but if you go alone you can use your headphones at a safe volume.
There are lots of great benefits to walking to improve your health and get you on the road to being fit again. It’s not expensive to get started and you can go at your own pace. It’s been the prefect solution for us and it can be fore you as well.