I must admit that I have been very anxious to see F9, as an action movie junkie the F&F series has provided movie goers with some classic moments. I could only imagine what visually amazing scenes awaited in this edition. It’s great to see the gang all back together as Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Nathalie Emmanuel and Jordana Brewster all return to reprise their roles in the franchise.
The movie starts out with the origin story of Dom, his brother Jakob (Played by John Cena) and their father who is a struggling NASCAR driver. The begining does great job of setting the scene for the entire film.
Because of their past the relationship between the brothers is rocky to say the least, but the one thing they have in common that connects them throughout the movie is their love for cars, both Dom and Jakob are highly skilled drivers and the skill they show during F9 is amazing! Like its predecessors F9 doesn’t lack in technology and weaponry. The use of highly powerful magnets throughout the movie was dope and the “brothers in space” segment of the movie will have you laughing out loud. If you love classic cars the Dodge Chargers in F9 are simply beautiful.
My Thoughts on F9 – The Fast Saga:
In my opinion there are a few negative points about the F9 – The Fast Saga. The writing was predictable and the plot was choppy, but the twist in the movie far outweigh the negatives. If you followed the series then know they amount of characters that have come through F&F universe, they will ALL make an appearce in one way or other! The nostalgia is a cool feeling as a follower of the movie franchise. There are some really cool surprises that I wont ruin for you here.
Overall it is hard to keep reinventing this movie franchise over and over again, but F9- The Fast Saga does a cool job of keeping the movie series relevant. With over 600 millions dollars in sales worldwide there is talk of fast and furious 10. To it doesn’t stack up to the classics like F3, F9, and Tokyo Drift but it’s respectable and worth checking out.
About F9 – The Fast Saga:
F9 – The Fast Saga hit Digital on September 7, 2021 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™ and DVD on September 21, 2021 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Featuring the original theatrical release, the Director’s Cutandmore than an hour of exclusive bonus content–including a behind-the-scenes look at the gravity-defying stunts and nitro-charged cars, a gag reel and even more justice for Han–fans can now add F9to their collection to watch again and again!
BONUS FEATURES on 4K UHD, BLU-RAYTM, DVD AND DIGITAL:
- GAG REEL
- F9: ALL IN: The Fast family invites you to be part of the crew as they give you an intimate look at how F9 propels this epic franchise to even greater heights. This bonus feature, with more than 46 minutes of content, includes returning characters, new cast members, huge stunts, big surprises, and so much more.
- PRACTICALLY FAST: When it comes to stunts, it seems each film in The Fast Saga outdoes the last. In this piece, we examine how Justin Lin and his team go to great lengths to shoot as many stunts as they can in-camera and practically, giving the film an authenticity that cannot be achieved solely through visual effects or CGI.
- SHIFTING PRIORITIES: We first met many of these characters when The Fast and the Furious was released in 2001. In the 20+ years since, not only have the characters themselves grown and evolved, but so have the actors that portray them. Art often imitates life, and we look at how that’s particularly true in F9.
- JUSTICE FOR HAN: Han is back! Sung Kang and Justin Lin discuss the genesis for the return of this beloved character, while the cast reveals how much it means to them to have Kang back along for the ride.
- A DAY ON SET WITH JUSTIN LIN: The job of a director on any movie production is huge. The job of a director on a production the scale of F9 is immeasurable. Spend a day with Justin Lin and see just how demanding it is to navigate a production day when you’re the one with all the answers.
- JOHN CENA: SUPERCAR SUPERFAN: John Cena is a real-life car expert, and no franchise does cars like Fast. Watch John jump from exotic car to exotic car like a kid in a candy store, giving you a true fan’s look at some of the rarest and most expensive automobiles in the world.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY (THEATRICAL AND DIRECTOR’S CUT) WITH PRODUCER/CO-WRITER/DIRECTOR JUSTIN LIN
F9 will be available on 4K UHD, Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital.
- 4K Ultra HD delivers the ultimate movie watching experience. Featuring the combination of 4K resolution, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) and HDR10+, which delivers incredible brightness and contrast for each scene and immersive audio for a multidimensional sound experience.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly buy or rent.
- The Movies Anywhere Digital App simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. Movies Anywhere is available only in the United States.
F9 is available to own now on Digital, DVD, and Blu-Ray. Grab your copy to add to your Fast and Furious collection today.