One of my favorite things to do is to try to make dishes from different cultures. It exposes my family to food from all over the world while helping me improve my cooking skills. It’s been a while since I have tried something different so when I saw that Barilla was offering an opportunity to try one of their sauces through Moms Meet, I jumped on the opportunity.
Disclaimer: “I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.
I’ve never cooked with pesto before in my life. It’s something I’ve tried before but since my husband rarely eats it, I have never added to many dishes. Now that my kids are getting older and everyone has their own palate I wanted to give it a try with a pasta dish for me and my daughter. When my kit arrived I opened it and inside was one jar of Barilla® Creamy Genovese Pesto, products coupons, and a branded tote bag.
Once I opened my kit I was ready to cook. Dinner ideas was already swirling around in my head once I saw the sauce. Pasta was the first thing I thought about to mix with the sauce. Since I had some angel hair pasta and thought it would be a great fit to go along with my baked salmon.
Tips & Recipie Ideas
Things didn’t go well for me on my first try. Thankfully I realized the Barilla website has a lot of suggestions for cooking with the sauce. When visiting the site I learned about the types of pasta they suggested for the sauce. Barilla has a variety of recommendations you can use for the creamy pesto sauce.
I was able to find declicious recipies options on their site. The creamy pesto sauce can also be used on sandwiches, chicken, fish, soups, eggs, and dips. If you’re familiar with cooking with pesto then you just add it to your favorite recipee. Looking for inspiration, check out the recipes page for delicious lunch and dinner ideas.
About Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto
- Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto is a flavor-packed, versatile, andconvenient pantry staple that satisfies cravings for Italian food.
- Imported from Parma, Italy, it’s made with fragrant Italian basil and freshly grated Italian cheese.
- Creamy Genovese Pesto has a creamy, smooth texture and savory taste, making it ideal for stirring into pasta and grains, spreading on sandwiches, marinating meats and vegetables, or using it as a dip.
- To preserve the natural color of basil and the fresh aroma of Italian Cheese, Barilla minimizes the handling of ingredients and rapidly prepares their recipe.
- With Creamy Genovese Pesto, a little goes a long way; one 6.2-ounce jar of pesto mixes well with 16 ounces of pasta.
- A 6.2-ounce jar of Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto typically retails for $3.29.