Growing up on Disney movies Jungle Cruise follows the manuscript of another Disney classic. As a child watching Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Cruise give us the classic odd couple turned into a great team.
Starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Emily Blunt, Jungle Cruise takes place on the dangerous rivers of South America. Frank (Dwayne Johnson) is trying to keep his dreams and his ship afloat. The riverboat tour business is not good but Frank does what he can to keep business booming even with his corny jokes.
Lily (played by Emily Blunt) an adventurous and bold woman in a world not ready for her, hires Frank to help her retrieve a valuable artifact they can save lives. The two are truly at odds for most of the film but as they continue to work together their chemistry is insatiable.
Jungle Cruise Trailer:
Throughout the twist and turns of the movie, You see Lily’s fortitude shine through as she will not be denied what she is searching for. Her right hand her faithful cousin McGregor (played by Jack Whitehall), is always there to help her get out of these crazy and dangerous situations. More importantly, McGregor admires Lily and will follow her to the ends of the earth, even if he doesn’t agree with her shenanigans.
My Thoughts on the Film:
You cannot have a classic Disney movie without the villain. Jesse Plemons as Prince Joachim, a bloodthirsty madman obsessed with the same artifact that Lily is trying to find. However, unlike Frank and Lily the Prince has money, power, and technology on his side.
The Prince spares no expense chasing Lily, Frank and McGregor through the South American river jungles. Disney movies never lack twist and turns, and any good writer knows not to ruin those. I’ll be keeping those to myself. I can say you will be pleasantly surprised at how the plot plays out in this movie.
Growing up on Disney movies, Disney sticks to the script as they have with their other countless classics. The rock and Emily Blunt do a great job of developing two characters from different point of views. This movie does not lack action, from the fight scenes, to the riverboat chases, to fighting off tigers in bars. Jungle Cruise is a strong showing for a post COVID Disney movie. However, when my wife recommended the movie I cringed. The Rock’s track record with Disney movies has not been the best recently, I am happy to say I was wrong.
About Disney Jungle Cruise
Disney’s Jungle Cruise, starring Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt, is currently available on all major digital platforms and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on November 16.
Disney’s Jungle Cruise Bonus Features*
- Jungle Cruise Expedition Mode – Climb aboard a ramshackle tramp steamer (or your own couch) to learn fun facts, discover Easter eggs and catch some pop-up trivia throughout the movie.
- It’s A Jungle Out There: Making Jungle Cruise – Director Jaume Collet-Serra, the cast and crew discuss the importance of the film’s elements, from casting to makeup to the use of an ancient indigenous language, in creating the world that honors one of Disneyland’s most beloved rides.
- Dwayne And Emily: Undoubtedly Funny – Go on-set with the two stars, whose new-found friendship helped them project a natural onscreen chemistry. Although their characters challenge each other throughout the film, the actors make each other laugh. A lot!
- Creating The Amazon – Explore the cinematic artistry involved in creating the world of Jungle Cruise, including how Frank’s boat coursed “dangerous” water in a tank in Atlanta, how a town was built in Kauai, and how a ferocious jaguar came to life, among other amazing effects.
- Once A Skip, Always A Skip – Join a panel of “Skippers” at the Disneyland Resort as they reminisce about the rewards, challenges and surprises they’ve experienced while helming the world-famous Jungle Cruise attraction, and hear their advice to aspiring skippers everywhere!
- Outtakes – Step behind the scenes of the production to catch the cast in a series of flubs, falls, foibles — and a whole lot of laughter.
- Deleted Scenes
- MacGregor Drives The Boat
- MacGregor Water Skis
- Joachim And Nilo On The Dock
- Frank Talks To Proxima & Lily’s Nightmares
- Sub Gets Stuck
- Proxima Surprises MacGregor
- Frank Gets The Cold Shoulder
- Trader Sam And Lily Walk In The Jungle
- MacGregor And Trader Sam Say Goodbye
- Frank Makes Tea For Lily
- The Backside Of Water
*bonus features vary by product and retailer