Disney Movies Anywhere Available on Google Play
Earlier this year Disney Movies Anywhere became available for the iTunes store and fans of Disney movies could now take their digital movie collections with them everywhere they went. Last week the announcement was made that the app is now available on Google Play for Android users everywhere and that was something to celebrate about. While in LA for my Big Hero 6 & ABC TV Event we were invited by Disney Home Entertainment to a private cocktail reception to learn more about the new partnership and to get a hands on demonstration of the app and how it works. Here’s the most important things you need to know about Disney Movies Anywhere and why you need to download the app today.
- Disney Movies Anywhere takes all the digital copies of your movies and keep them in one central location. Perfect for traveling on the road or when you’re on vacation. Now you don’t have to pay those high movie rental fees in hotels. Your library is with you all the time.
- The DMA app is the same across all platforms, so if you have an iPhone and an Android tablet your library and content will be the same on both apps. It keeps your account connected on all those platforms.
- Although the movies show in your library you have to download them to your device to view if you are not connected to the internet. So you can stream it over Wi-Fi or download and view when you’re in the car or on the go.
- You can input your DMR codes in the app as well. The app also takes you directly to the Disney Movie Rewards page so you can redeem codes for rewards and see what’s new.
- When you purchase and add a digital title, the app automatically adds all content related to that movie on an ongoing basis. Even if it was added months after your purchase.
- Get access to exclusive content, trailers and sneak peeks before everyone else.
- Search for your favorite movies by categories, so for instance if you want to only find Marvel movies, or princess movies, fairies, the app already has them sorted to make it easier to search and find what you are looking for.
- New movies and content added each week so make sure you check into the app as often as possible so you know what’s new.
- For a limited time when you download the app on an Android device you will receive a free digital copy of Wreck It Ralph so be sure to download it now.
About Disney Movies Anywhere:
Disney Movies Anywhere is an engaging and family-friendly digital destination that makes it simple for consumers to manage and enjoy their digital collection of Disney, Pixar and Marvel movies in one place, at home and on the go. The integration with Google Play means that it’s easier than ever for consumers to buy the films they love, and then enjoy them through the free Disney Movies Anywhere app and website, as well as everywhere Google Play Movies is available. Just download the Disney Movies Anywhere app and connect to your Google account.
“We are very excited to announce Google Play as our newest partner for Disney Movies Anywhere,” said Janice Marinelli, President, Disney Studio In-Home and Digital Distribution & Disney-ABC Content Distribution. “We set out to create an exceptional Disney experience that made owning digital movies easy and fun, and with Google Play now on board following our successful launch in February, we are able to deliver unprecedented availability and ease for consumers across a broad range of mobile devices.”
“We want to make it easy for movie fans to enjoy all of their past and future digital purchases across all of their devices. Our partnership with Disney now gives Google Play users the ability to conveniently watch all of their Disney, Marvel and Pixar digital movies that have been purchased from any Disney Movies Anywhere participating retailer,” said Jonathan Zepp, head of Google Play Movies partnerships.
In Disney Movies Anywhere, consumers can explore Disney’s library of over 400 active digital titles from Disney, Pixar, and Marvel; preview upcoming offerings and enjoy hours of free new and exclusive short-form content; and discover curated content based on their individual preferences. In addition to browsing titles available for purchase, consumers can redeem Digital Copy codes found in Disney, Pixar, and Marvel Blu-rays and DVDs directly in Disney Movies Anywhere, as well as earn Disney Movie Rewards points for digital purchases.
For a limited time, Disney Movies Anywhere users who connect a new participating retailer account will receive a free digital copy of Disney’s hit animated film “Wreck-It Ralph.” The launch of Disney Movies Anywhere on Google Play also coincides with the release of “Maleficent,” one of the year’s biggest hits, and Disney’s animated “Planes: Fire & Rescue,” both out on digital and Blu-ray now.
With this new partnership with Google Play, it’s easier than ever for consumers to buy the films they love, and then enjoy them through the free Disney Movies Anywhere app and website, as well as everywhere Google Play Movies is available. Just download the Disney Movies Anywhere app and link to your Google account.
The Disney Movies Anywhere App is available in the U.S. for free from the Google Play store at http://di.sn/fxx and from the iTunes App Store at: http://di.sn/srf. Sign up is also available through the Disney Movies Anywhere website.