If you’re eager to embark on a new era in your life, you will no doubt want to push your home sale through in an efficient fashion. To achieve this all-important feat, you’re going to need to put the following advice into practice.
Here are two things you must do to sell your home quickly:
De-clutter your home
Allowing your home to remain full of clutter during viewing sessions will make the property look dirty. This will make it hard for prospective buyers to envisage themselves living in your humble abode, which in turn will result in your home remaining on the market for months, or maybe even years, on end.
If you want prospective buyers to feel enthused to purchase your property as soon as they step foot in it, you need to go above and beyond to de-clutter your living space. To perform this all-important task in a highly effective and efficient fashion, be sure to put the following advice into practice:
- Take on the 12-12-12 challenge
- Slowly build de-cluttering momentum by dedicating 5-10 minutes a day to this task
- Create a de-cluttering checklist
- Enlist the services of a friend that has a passion for tidiness
- When you have a viewing session booked, hide your clutter away in a MI-BOX self-storage unit
Wait for an opportune time to sell
If you’re serious about pushing your home sale through without any delays or stalls, it’s absolutely imperative that you consider seasonal demand. Certain times of the year lend themselves favorably to the home selling process, which is why you must bide your time and wait for the opportune moment to sell.
Here are a few crucial seasonal demand facts that you must take into consideration in this instance:
- Considered to be the toughest time of the year to sell, primarily because buyers are cash-strapped after Christmas
- A lack of light during the winter makes it hard for buyers to truly envisage themselves living in the properties that they view
- Traditionally a good time to sell, mainly because Spring is widely viewed as a fresh start
- More sunshine and enhanced lighting often helps to boost the aesthetic appeal of gardens
- The school holidays often wreak havoc on the home selling process when families are involved, simply because increased childcare pressures demand a lot of time and effort
- More often than not, people are strapped for cash during the summer months due to the fact that they have expensive vacations to pay for
- This is the perfect time to put your home on the market if you’re looking to sell/rent to students, as this season coincides with the start of the academic year
- Buyers don’t want to be dealing with their home move over the festive season, which is why they often try to push through their property purchases in the fall
Want to sell your home quickly and efficiently? If so, be sure to put the advice laid out above into practice.