Go Back to School & Be a STAR #WWEMoms
I’m am a part of the WWE Moms blogger network and kids heading back to school soon I received an amazing package from my friends at WWE. The package would make any WWE Fan happy as it did with my son, my nephews and a lucky kid at my kid’s school. The package contained five WWE Lunch Boxes filled with WWE swag. Each lunch box included a WWE DVD, a drawstring bag pack, a note-book, a WWE pin, and a WWE Lego playset. The dvds and Lego set was different in each lunch box.
I was so excited to share them with my nephews because I knew they would love them. When I visited my mom’s house they were all there so it was the perfect time to share the gifts with them. They were so excited to see what was inside their lunch boxes. There was lots of “ohhs” and “awws” and then there was some trading but in the end they all loved their new WWE Swag and I won “Auntie of the Year” that day.
Also included in the kit was five Be a STAR Chapter Tool Kits and that’s what I really wanted to share with you my readers. Even though the WWE is known for “beat downs” and “fighting” they are doing their part to stop Bullying. It’s something that’s become so common place in our society, we can no longer sit back as if the problem doesn’t exist and expect things to change and become better. This year I want to challenge my kids to Be a STAR and to take a stand against bullying. I’m encouraging them to not sit by while others are bullied, to not bully others and if they feel like they are being bullied to report it to their teacher or an administrator at their school.
The mission of Be a STAR – which stands for Show Tolerance and Respect – is to ensure a positive and equitable social equitable social environment for everyone regardless of age, race, religion or sexual orientation through grass-roots efforts beginning with education and awareness. Be a STAR promotes positive methods of social interaction and encourages people to treat others as equals and with respect because everyone is a star in their own right.
The first step: I am having my kids get online at (WWECommunity.com/BeaSTAR) to take the pledge to end bullying and you can have your children take the pledge as well. When they do encourage them to invite at least one friend to also take the pledge and tell them to have that friend to encourage another friend to take the pledge.
Other ways to spread the word and Be A STAR:
- Start your own Be a STAR chapter at your school. Find 5-10 peers how want to prevent and stop bullying, ask a school official to help you in forming the chapter, filling out the paperwork, signing up online at WWECommunity.com/BeaSTAR.
- Teachers can download a free Teacher’s Aide Resource Kit and Video Guide which was prepared in conjunction with the National Education Association Health Information Network and True Educator, Inc., and teaches kids tolerance and respect.
- Schools can conduct a school wide survey to access your school’s issues surrounding bullying. Host a Be a STAR day and invite local experts for a panel discussion or school assembly on bullying. Sponsor a poster contest to promote anti-bullying. Create an anti-bullying page on the school website and social media. Showcase motivational PSAs and include Be a STAR information in your school’s newsletters.
WWE and The Creative Collation recently launched S.T.A.R. Alliance, a group of actors, musicians, comedians, athletes, television personalities and members of The Creative Coalition, who have joined together to help put an end to bullying.
Members of the S.T.A.R. Alliance will join WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon, WWE Superstars such as Big Show®, The Miz® and Mark Henry, and The Creative Coalition to spread the Be a STAR message of showing tolerance and respect to help combat bullying, reaching more than 400 million social media followers combined. Select S.T.A.R. To find out more and see who are members of the alliance check out the S.T.A.R Alliance website.
These are just a few ways that kids, parents, teachers, and administrators can help promote anti-bullying messages this school year. Also remember to connect with Be a STAR on Facebook and follow @BeaSTARAlliance on Twitter for updates and more ways to help.
Stomp Out Bullying – 855-790-HELP (4357) www.stompoutbullying.com
The National School Climate Center
- Back to School with the WWE and the S.T.A.R. Alliance #WWEMoms (mommyfactor.net)
- Be a STAR at WWE show in South Florida (miamiherald.com)
- be a STAR: PG Family friendly entertainment from WWE (revolutionarymarketingideas.wordpress.com)
- Three South Florida youth honored by WWE for being a STAR (miamiherald.com)