In our never-ending crusade to cut down on waste and get rid of plastic water bottles, we may have started building up more and more items we need to get rid of in our home. Zak Designs has created a new product line that will help us keep up our pledge to reduce waste while drinking more and more water every day.
How many water bottles or reusable drinking bottles and cups do you have in your home? Over the years we have built up a huge collection, between collectibles from travel, cups from kids parties, bottles and cups from my husband’s job, and from all the kids’ lunch boxes.
Introducing Zak Planeterra Line
Over the years, Zak Designs has taken many strides to be an environmentally conscientious company and provide its customers with products that help them lower their individual carbon footprints. This Earth Day, however, Zak Designs made a commitment to the planet to the next level by launching the Planeterra™ line of environmentally responsible products and partnering with Leave No Trace to help spread the message about the importance of protecting nature.
Zak has always worked hard to create environmentally responsible products that are functional enough to meet its high standards of quality and affordable enough for everyone to enjoy. The new Planeterra line accomplishes those goals in a dramatic way. The products in this revolutionary line are made from an innovative material that can be reused for years but is also designed to break down toxin-free in a landfill within 3-5 years under traditional conditions.
On Earth Day, Zak launched the first product in the Planeterra line, the Terra Bottle. This 18oz water bottle features a built-in carrying handle to make it easy to clip onto backpacks or sports bags as well as a flip-up drinking spout that helps protect it from dirt and germs. The Terra Bottle is dishwasher safe and BPA free and comes in four nature-inspired colors.
To make the line even more eco-friendly, Zak is donating a portion of the proceeds from the Planeterra products to benefit The Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics and its mission to “protect the outdoors by teaching and inspiring people to enjoy it responsibly.”
Because together, we can all make a world of difference.
Join the Planet Zak Project with Your Kids
Join with your kids to teach them that being an Environmental Steward is easy as 1-2-3. Work with your kids to follow the three key steps to help save our environment and help cut down our carbon footprint.
- Research credible sources that provide current information about the challenges facing our environment
- Read books, articles, and other informational materials on environmental issues and ways you can make a difference
- Watch nature shows, movies, and documentaries to get a better understanding of the natural world and what we can do to protect it
- Ask your teachers about the possibility of having an environmental group give a presentation for your class
- Educate yourself about environmental ethics by visiting Leave No Trace’s website
- Help eliminate single-use plastics by insisting on reusable products and encouraging your family and friends to do the same
- Follow the Leave No Trace guidelines any time you’re in nature to ensure you don’t have a negative impact on the environment
- Sign up for Leave No Trace’s newsletter to learn about other ways to get involved and help make a difference
- Participate in an outdoor activity – hike, bike, paddleboard – that helps develop an appreciation for nature and wild spaces
- Organize or participate in clean-up efforts at local parks, open spaces, or natural areas • Establish recycling programs at schools, churches, and clubs
- Find companies, organizations, and groups that share your commitment to the environment and support them through your purchases, contributions, and volunteer efforts
Thanks to Zak Designs and Leave No Trace for the amazing package to help us teach our kids more about removing their carbon footprint and on our next movie night we’ll be learning more about Planet Earth with our Blu-ray. Next time you’re shopping for a reusable water bottle be sure to check out Zak’s Planeterra line of products. Currently, there are four bottles in the product line. You can purchase them on Amazon.