Southside With You Makes Great Date Night Movie
Christmas is one week away, and the holidays are in full swings. The temperature has already started to drop in Baltimore and people are looking for creative ways to spend their time indoors. Southside With You makes a great date night movie. The newest release from Lionsgate and MIRAMAX® was released on Blu-ray & DVD on December 13th. You can grab a copy in stores, with some popcorn, snacks, and cuddle with your significant other on the couch.
About Southside With You:
nspired by President Barack Obama’s first “date” with the First Lady, the touching and inspirational romance, Southside with Youarrives on Digital HD November 29 and on Blu-ray (plus Digital HD), DVD and On Demand December 13 from Lionsgate and MIRAMAX®. Tika Sumpter (Ride Alongfranchise) and Parker Sawyers (Zero Dark Thirty) “are terrifically cast as younger versions of Michelle and Barack Obama“ (Variety) in this moving look at the very beginnings of the couple we now know as the President and First Lady of the United States. From executive producer John Legend (Academy Award® winner for Best Original Song, Selma, 2015) and written and directed by Richard Tanne, this “beautiful tribute to enduring love” (RogerEbert.com) received the Rotten Tomatoes Certified Fresh rating, and was nominated for the Grand Jury Prize at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival.
On a summer’s day in 1989, a law associate named Barack Obama used all his charms to woo attorney Michelle Robinson. Southside with You brings that magical encounter to life as it follows Barack and Michelle on a day-long date that takes them from an art exhibit to a screening of Do the Right Thing to an unforgettable first kiss.
I always love learning about the love stories of people, so when I first saw the previews for the film Southside With You, I knew I wanted to see it. President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama is one of the country’s most iconic couples. I loved following along their first date together, and getting a peek into their lives in such a different way. Couples of all ages can enjoy the blossoming love story between the pair. I think it’s an inspirational story for singles as well, about giving a suitor a chance, and seeing the potential in your possible mate.
To celebrate the release of the movie, I wanted to share a yummy apple pie recipe that Lionsgate sent me. Check it out below and give it a try.
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup white sutgar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Eight Granny Smith Apples peeled, cored and sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly, Cover with latticework crust (or if you are like me just top the pie without any lattice work because it never looks right!)…Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit continue baking for 35 to 45 minute, until the apples are soft and the crust is light brown.