Skylanders Trap Team Is A Must Have Holiday Item
Since its debut I don’t remember a holiday season that didn’t include some sort of Skylanders, the game has become wildly popular not just in the US but worldwide. This year’s edition is Skylanders Trap Team and there’s so much they are offering to consumers. Skylanders Trap Team is a must have holiday items. I received a Skylanders Trap Team starter set for inclusion in my Holiday Gift Guide and they provided another starter kit as a raffle prize for my kids school. Any opinions expressed are my own.
If you have children ages six and older then you have probably or will probably purchase Skylanders for them this holiday season. You may already have previous versions of the game (like my family) and are just looking to add to your collection. Whether you’re already playing the game or getting it for the first time, you’re in for a treat with the newest games in the franchise. I’m not the only one who’s excited about the game, or think that it’s going to be a holiday hit. The latest installment of the franchise that pioneered the Toys-to-Life genre is already poised to become one of the top family games this holiday season. Toys“R”Us® recently named Skylanders Trap Team as one of the “Fabulous 15” on the company’s 2014 Holiday Hot Toy List, while Target named Skylanders Trap Team to their Top Toys for the Holidays List. In addition, the game was featured in Toy Insider’s Hot 20 Holiday Toys of 2014, which highlights the most sought-after and anticipated items of the holiday season.
In addition to the regular version of the starter pack, fans can also purchase the Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition. The dark edition was revealed at San Diego Comic Con this summer. The Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition is a true collector’s starter pack that includes the special Ultimate Kaos Trap, which allows Portal Masters to trap and play as Kaos. The Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition Starter Pack features the Ultimate Kaos Trap, a special, larger-sized Trap to capture Skylands’ #1 villain. It will also include two Traps; exclusive black and silver variant designs of new characters Snap Shot, Wildfire and Food Fight; a two-sided ultimate collector poster; sticker sheets and trading cards. The Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition Starter Pack will be available on Xbox 360™ games and entertainment system from Microsoft; Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft; PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system; PlayStation® 4 and Nintendo’s Wii™ and Wii U™ systems for a suggested retail price of $99.
For the first time ever the Skylanders franchise has created a tablet version of the game. Now you can play on your iPad, Kindle Fire and Android tablets. The tablet version of the game delivers the same experience with console-quality graphicsi and comes with its own high performance controller, delivering yet another significant technological leap to the Skylanders franchise. The Skylanders Trap Team Tablet Starter Pack will include a Bluetooth® Traptanium Portal; an embedded Bluetooth® controller to provide the best gameplay experience possible; a built-in tablet stand; two Skylanders characters; two Traps and a display tray that lets Portal Masters keep track of the Traps they’ve collected and which villains they have trapped.
My family and I love Skylanders. My kids are young so they play for fun. They don’t get the highest points and their time is always super high but they have lots of fun. I honestly have a love hate relationship with the game. I am competitive so I hate when the kids forget to get a gem or something but I love they can play and have fun and it’s a game that is great for their age level. When ever we play it’s usually for hours at a time. I even have the Lost Island app on my phone and tablet which is another small game that lets you play Skylanders in a different way. There’s so much to enjoy with this new game, it’s amazing. Another great feature is that all the previous characters from all the other editions can also be played in this game. Are you a Skylanders collector? If so then be sure to check out these specials.
Portal Masters everywhere can get into the Skylanders Trap Team spirit by taking advantage of exclusive Skylanders products at retailers nationwide:
- Get Legendary at Toys”R”Us – Toys“R”Us stores in North America and online at Toysrus.com will be the only places fans will find the limited edition Legendary Series of Skylanders toys at launch. The Legendary Series features alternative versions of new Trap Master characters and packs, such as Jawbreaker, Déjà Vu and the Nightmare Express Adventure Pack, all of which feature in-game stat boosts.
- Meet the Minis at Walmart – Skylanders fans can visit participating Walmart stores or go to Walmart.com to participate in the ‘Meet the Minis’ program to unlock special content featuring the fully playable and upgradeable Minis, including Gill Runt, Stealth Elf,Weeruptor, Pet Vac and Small Fry via the official Skylanders Collection VaultTM app. Walmart will also be the only place fans can find the Skylanders Minis Buddy Pack, featuring Tidal Wave Gill Grunt and Gill Runt.
- NITRO Trap Masters at Target – U.S. Target stores nationwide and Target.com will once again be the only place where fans can get their hands on the Skylanders NITRO series of toys, which features the powerful Trap Master NITRO Krypt King.
- Portals for Punch Pop Fizz at GameStop – During the first week of launch, fans that bring in a Portal of Power® from any Skylandersgame can trade it in to receive a free Punch Pop Fizz character, a bright red version of the fan-favorite Skylander.
- Three Skylanders for Two at Best Buy – Players that purchase any two Skylanders Trap Team game products at Best Buy will receive a free Volcanic Eruptor character, who’s unique appearance is visible in-game. This promotion is available only at Best Buy.
Skylanders Trap Team introduces heroes known as Trap Masters that wield powerful TraptaniumTM weapons used to defeat Skylands’ most notorious villains including Kaos, as well as brand new Core Skylanders characters and reposed fan-favorite Skylanders characters. The game also features a variety of elementally aligned Traps with unique and interesting designs. In addition, Skylanders Trap Team welcomesSkylanders Minis, 16 small but powerful Skylanders now fully playable, who join the battle against Skylands’ most nefarious villains. Coming to Skylanders fans worldwide on November 1, Eon’s Elite collectors’ toys feature never-before-seen decoration with a distinct, metallic finish and a golden base that sets them apart from other Skylanders toys.
Skylanders Trap Team is compatible with more than 175 unique toys from all previous games — Skylanders SWAP ForceTM, SkylandersGiantsTM and Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure® — every character also will be able to defeat and trap villains using Traptanium Traps, providing fans more ways to enjoy their collections.
- Skylanders Trap Team ‘Dark Edition’ Starter Pack Announced For SDCC, Collector’s Edition Features Ultimate Kaos Trap [IMAGES] (gamenguide.com)
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall by Alexa Ray Corriea of Polygon – All (comeusmedia.wordpress.com)
- Skylanders: Trap Team Dark Edition Lets You Play with Portal Master Kaos (news.softpedia.com)
- Skylanders Trap Team Gets Exclusive Walmart Bundle: Mini ‘Buddy Pack’ Contains Gill Grunt And Mini Gill Runt, More (gamenguide.com)
- Skylanders Trap Team Tablet Starter Pack Review (slashgear.com)
- Skylanders: Trap Team Review: Gimmicks can still be compelling (o.canada.com)