Shop Safeway Specials For Family Events
Every year my family and I start the summer out by celebrating two of my son’s birthdays on Memorial Day. It’s also our countdown to summer. This year was no different. We planned a huge BBQ at our regular park for us and our family. I had the opportunity to shop Safeway specials for family events. I received a gift card to shop Safeway, any opinions expressed are my own.
Going to the park is a tradition for us, every year on Memorial Day we all pack up and head out first thing in the morning. We started about five years ago and we’ve been doing it every year ever since. This year our regular park was packed so we had to try a new state park in Maryland. We ended up at Fort Lee State Park for our family gathering and it was such a great experience. This particular park had free admission although the parking lot was very small so if you want good parking you must arrive early.
The park was filled with old relics of the fort that was turned into a park. It even has a hunted dungeon in another section of the park. I didn’t spend much time around there, it gave me the creeps. LOL. Planning for the day started the day before for me. I wanted to make these TMNT Surprise Cupcakes I found on Pinterest.
My oldest son is a huge TMNT fan and I was hoping the cupcakes would be a huge hit. The first batch was a little under baked but the second batch was perfect. Let me tell you trying to dye the cake batter to red didn’t go over well. The purple was much more vibrant after baking but overall they were a hit once iced with homemade buttercream frosting.
My son and my nephew started off their day by grabbing my sister’s Jolly Rancher gummies. As you can see they both loved it.
JB got ready to celebrate by spraying one sun block on his legs. You have to protect your skin when out in the sun.
Everyone else got ready by spreading their blankets or setting up their chairs to relax while my husband got started on the grill.
The kids played tag and threw around the football. The usual suspects when we are out at the park.
Hubby worked the grill, while my dad pretended to be grilling.
When it was time to eat everyone rushed the table before I could snap photos of the food. We had a wide variety of options including a nice fruit salad. All in all it was a great day and our trip to Safeway played a huge part in our event. I found great specials on Pepsi Soda, Short Ribs were buy one and get one free and they had tons of specials on hot dogs for the grill. Do you have a family function approaching? Getting ready for Independence Day? Whatever you’re getting ready for be sure to check Safeway for special offers. Check out these upcoming specials happening at Safeway this week for $5 Friday.
$5 Friday items for June 5 include the following:
- Raw Shrimp (41-50 count per 12-ounce bag)
- Whole Watermelon
- Family Size Signature Café Cheese Pizza
- Signature Café Meatloaf
- Eight-piece Country Fried Dark Meat Chicken
- Starbucks Coffee Bags/K-Cups (selected varieties)
- Johnsonville Grillers (selected varieties)
- Safeway Farms Chicken (drumsticks or thighs)
- Simply Orange 89-ounce jug (selected varieties)
- Coca-Cola or Mountain Dew – 2 for $5
- Coca-Cola: six-pack, 16.9-ounce bottles or eight-pack, 7.5-ounce cans
- Mountain Dew – 12-pack, 12-ounce cans
- Lobster Tails – $4.99/lb.
- Salmon Filets – $4.99/lb.
- Jumbo Raw Shrimp – $4.99/lb.
- Snow Crab Clusters – $4.99/lb.
- Choice N.Y. Strip Steaks – $5.99/lb.
- Top Sirloin Steaks – $5.99/lb.
- Chicken/Pork/Sausage Kabobs – $5.99/lb.
- Open Nature Lamb Loin Chops – $5.99/lb.
* Five dollar Friday sales are valid on June 5th only.
Buy One, Get One Free Items
- Dole Pineapple – eight-ounce cans
- Nabisco Ritz Crackers or Chips Ahoy
- • 8.8 to 14-ounce packages; selected varieties
- Chex Mix Snack Mix
- Utz Potato Chips (9.5-ounce package)
- Pepsi: 12-pack, 12-ounce cans or 8-pack, 12-ounce cans (selected varieties)
- Coke: 2-liter bottles (selected varieties)
- Hefty Products – selected varieties
- Keller’s Butter (16-ounce)
- Kraft Shredded Cheese, Natural Slices; Cheese Singles
- Mt. Olive Pickles (16- to 24-ounce container)
- Mission Soft Taco Tortillas – 10 count (selected varieties)
Other Selected Deals
- Bananas – .39/lb. (Club Card); Organic – .59/lbs.
- Driscoll Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries – $2.99 each
- Strawberries: 2-lb. package
- Blueberries: 18-ounce container
- Raspberries: 12-ounce box
- Broccoli Crowns – .99/lb. (Club Card)
- Turkey Hill or Klondike Bars – 2 for $5
- Turkey Hill: 1.5-quart package
- Klondike: 11- to 27-ounce package
- Athena Melons – 2 for $5 (Club Card)
- Canada Dry: 12-pack, 12-ounce cans 4 for $10 (Club Card; must buy 4)
- Tide Detergent – Buy 2, Save $6 (equal or lesser value)
- 92- to 100-ounce container – $12.99 (Club Card)
- General Mills Cereal/products – $1.49 (mustbuy 4)
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- Lucky Charms
- Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks
- Safeway Select Pasta Sauce – 3 for $5 (Club Card)
- 15- to 24-ounce jar (selected varieties)
- Baby Bella Crimini Mushrooms – 2 for $3 (Club Card)
- On The Vine Tomatoes – $1.49/lb (Club Card)