NIV Worship Together Bible Review
Disclosure: I am a member of Booksneeze and was provided a copy of this book for review. Any and all opinions expressed are my own.
Title: NIV Worship Together Bible
Author: Zondervan New International Version
Genre: Bible, Worship, Music
About the Bible:
Worshiping God is one of the believer’s highest callings. Music and song have been a timeless way to glorify God throughout history. Scripture itself is full of musical and poetic praises dedicated to the Lord. Using a unique combination of songs and reflections, the NIV Worship Together Bible blends modern-day worship and culture with the beloved Word of God. This Bible helps you embrace God as your loving Father and shows you how to exalt him through song and reflection. The musical inspiration in this Bible will remind you of the importance of constantly striving to be Christlike. As Pastor Jack Hayford, the author of the song “Majesty,” once put it: “Worship changes the worshiper into the image of the One worshiped.”
- The complete text of the world’s most popular modern-English Bible, the NIV
- Lyrics to the top 50 worship songs
- Song notes and reflections from the songwriters
- Simple chord charts for the Top 20 worship songs
- Essay that explores the purpose and history of worship music
- Foreword by Matt Maher
- Index to organize songs by scriptural reference
I grew up listening to Praise and Worship music. It was the foundation of our Sunday music playlist in our house. It wasn’t until our family moved to the United States in 1996 that I started to discover other types of Christian music. I was really excited about getting my hands on this bible and finding out the way they blend the scripture and music together. My first qualm is that I the print was very small, I guess to keep the bible pages to a certain number but it wasn’t too small that I had a problem reading it. I do believe that an older worshiper would however prefer a larger print. I loved how they organized scriptures and gave songs to go along with the message. One thing that stood out to me was at the end of the bible there is an entire section of all the songs. I also enjoyed reading about the history of those songs and how they have evolved over time to become the classic that we all know and love. It’s a great bible to gift to anyone involved in the Ministry of Music and one to have for your collection as well but I wouldn’t use it as my regular bible.
You can view a sample text of the bible here.
- NIV Worship Together Bible – Review (create-with-joy.com)
- Worship Together Bible (NIV) (wildthunder48.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: Homeschool Mom’s Bible (schelastic.wordpress.com)
- NIV Life Application Study Bible, Personal Size read online (exqikeqi.wordpress.com)