Get Cooking with Cooking Mama 5
If you have a gamer on your holiday shopping list this year then you may want to check out Cooking Mama 5 – Bon Appétit. The new game was recently launched, just in time for the holiday season and it’s a great choice for kids and adults. I was provided a review copy of Cooking Mama 5 from Reverb Games. Any opinions expressed are my own.
I’ve been a fan of Cooking Mama for a long time. When I was pregnant with my first child my husband got me the game as a way to pass time when I was either home sick or in the hospital on one of my extended stays. Back then I was playing the game on Nintendo DS and on Wii. My family and I liked playing together to see how would complete the meals the fastest. When I had kids my daughter started playing that same original Cooking Mama as well. It’s one of the first video games my kids played and they loved it. I really like the game because it’s can be adapted for different ages. If you like a challenge and want to complete you can or you can take you time and practice the meals. Check out this trailer of the game below:
About Cooking Mama 5: Bon Appétit!
Publisher: Majesco Entertainment
Developer: Cooking Mama Limited
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Release Date: September 16, 2014
Price/Rating: $29.99 / Everyone
Cooking Mama 5: Bon Appétit! features intuitive stylus-based play across six modes, including the new Cooking Dojo mode where Mama slips into her gi for some serious culinary training. What’s more, single cart download play with up to three friends enables you to share the experience with fellow chefs.
The original kitchen diva that created the cooking genre is set to school you with brand new mouth-watering recipes and household mini-games. Cook your way through classic fare, exotic cultural dishes and sweet treats to delight the palate! Fun stylus-based activities will keep you busy around the house and prove to Mama that you’ve got the culinary chops to play in her kitchen!
- The latest addition in the successful Mama franchise: 13 million+ games sold worldwide!
- Unlock 60+ recipes as you progress. Test your skills with new appetizers, drinks, main dishes and desserts including: pork cutlet rice bowl, chicken nuggets, BBQ skewers, pumpkin gratin, raisin bread, Hawaiian pancakes, gingerbread cookies and much more!
- Step out of the kitchen and help Mama with more than 30 new activities around the shop and house: feed the pets, deliver orders, make change, serve ice cream, wash dishes, pick apples, organize, draw and more.
- Six gameplay modes feature intuitive stylus-based activities:
- Let’s Cook: Create recipes step-by-step with Mama on hand to help you.
- Cooking Dojo: Earn medals in timed challenges that reward you for quick and accurate preparation.
- Help the Store: Work the register and play waitress at Mama’s Burger Shop.
- Help Harvest: Gather your recipe fixins’ before you cook.
- Let’s Help Mama: Step outside the kitchen and assist Mama as CEO of the household with fresh activities that make “chores” fun and rewarding.
- Let’s Study: Number and word games mix up the kitchen fun.
- Earn furniture and decorations via SpotPass to customize your menus and game screens. Make your kitchen your own with stained glass, wallpaper, picture frames, plants, holiday items and more. You can even customize Mama’s outfit!
- Single cart download play offers multiplayer cook offs for up to four players.
- Gyroscope and accelerometer support for certain recipes.
So if you’re looking for something special for a gamer then be sure to give Cooking Mama 5 a try. They’ll love it if they like games like these. It’s competitive and fun. Filled with hours and hours of content and new recipes to learn. This is a game they’ll be playing long after the holidays. The game is available for purchase online and from retailers like Target, Game Stop, Best Buy, Walmart and Amazon.
- Cooking Mama 5: Bon Appétit! For Nintendo 3DS Review #CoriReviews (coriscozycorner.com)
- Review: Cooking Mama 5: Bon Appétit (3DS) (nintendolife.com)