The live-action version of Aladdin is available for purchase in stores and online. You can experience the magic of Aladdin over and over again, all the songs, all the beautiful costumes, and all the Will Smith. In addition to the release, the classic animated version of Aladdin was added to the Walt Disney Signature Collection. Now you can add both copies to your library for all the wonder and amazement of Aladdin.
About Disney’s Aladdin: Live-Action
Fans of all ages will enjoy the exciting, humorous tale of the lovable “street rat,” Aladdin (Mena Massoud), courageous and self-determined Princess Jasmine (Naomi Scott) and the larger-than-life Genie (Will Smith) with all-new bonus features. The release of the live-action adventure coincides with the addition of the original animated classic to the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection — granting “Aladdin” fans everywhere the opportunity to own both magical movies.
Extras explore elements of “Aladdin” that audiences adore, from the film’s treasured, iconic award-winning music to its beloved characters and their hilarious antics on and off-screen.
Bonus features include*:
DIGITAL PRESELL BONUS:
- MAKE WAY FOR PRINCE ALI – Take a look at the gigantic design extravaganza that came together for this scene of Genie-sized proportions.
DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE BONUS:
- “SPEECHLESS”: CREATING A NEW SONG FOR JASMINE – Follow the story of Jasmine’s inspirational song “Speechless,” written by Alan Menken, Benj Pasek and Justin Paul especially for this version of “Aladdin.”
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL BONUS:
- ALADDIN’S VIDEO JOURNAL: A NEW FANTASTIC POINT OF VIEW – Watch behind-the-scenes moments captured by Mena Massoud (Aladdin) in this fun, fast-paced look at his personal journey.
- DELETED SONG: “DESERT MOON” – Experience a moving duet performed by Jasmine and Aladdin, fully shot and edited, with an introduction by Alan Menken.
- GUY RITCHIE: A CINEMATIC GENIE – Discover why director Guy Ritchie was the perfect filmmaker to tackle this exhilarating reimagining of a beloved classic.
- A FRIEND LIKE GENIE – Discover how Will Smith brings talent, experience and his own personal magic to the iconic role of Genie.
- DELETED SCENES
- Falling Petals Into OJ
- Jafar’s Magic Orrery
- Anders’ Gift
- Wrong Wishes
- Silly Old Fool
- Post Yam Jam Debrief
- BLOOPERS – Laugh along with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of outtakes from the set.
- MUSIC VIDEOS
- “Speechless” – Music video performed by Naomi Scott
- “A Whole New World” – Music video performed by ZAYN and Zhavia Ward
- “ A Whole New World” (“Un Mundo Ideal”) – Music video performed by ZAYN and Becky G.
I’ll admit that I was a bit skeptical about the live-action version of the film. I wasn’t sure what to expect and I didn’t have many hopes for the film. I don’t know why I was so doubtful because some of Disney’s live-action films have been stunning. I loved Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast was my all-time favorite. It could be my bias because Belle is my favorite princess. Aladdin was visually stunning. The costume department alone makes this film worthy of watching, but that’s not all that’s worth mentioning.
New songs in live-action films are always a big debate for fans of the original animated classic. Aladdin did the film justice with the addition of their new songs. It added so much more value to the franchise for me instead of taking anything away.
Will Smith’s Genie was amazing for me. He didn’t try to replace the beloved Robin Williams’ take on the genie but he made the character his own version and it was superb. Will Smith has a broad acting range and I think in Aladdin we are reminded of his Fresh Prince days, at least for me it did. I think you will enjoy this take on the character as well. All the actors did an amazing job and the new live-action version of Aladdin is a great addition to the Disney catalog.
If you’re still longing for the animated classic of Aladdin you can add the Walt Disney Signature Collection edition to your library now.
About Aladdin: Walt Disney Signature Collection
Embark on a magic carpet ride with the entire family when Disney’s original animated classic “Aladdin” soars into the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection, granting nonstop laughs, action-packed adventure and Academy Award®–winning music (1992: Best Music, Original Song, “A Whole New World,” Original Score) for the first time in 4K Ultra HD™.
The Signature Collection Edition invites every member of the family to join Genie, Aladdin and Jasmine to belt out the unforgettable songs from “Aladdin” — such as “A Whole New World,” “Friend Like Me” and “Prince Ali” — through a new sing-along version.
“Aladdin” is the 10th title to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection, which includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations. The film takes its place alongside “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio,” “Bambi,” “The Lion King,” “Lady and the Tramp,” “Peter Pan,” “The Little Mermaid” and “Cinderella.”
BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAY & DIGITAL: *
- Sing Along With The Movie – Sing along to your favorite tunes as you watch the film. With magical on-screen lyrics.
- Aladdin on Aladdin – Join the speaking voice of Aladdin, Scott Weinger (“Fuller House”), as he reflects on almost 30 years of being Aladdin.
- “Let’s Not Be Too Hasty”: The Voices of “Aladdin” – Take your seat in the recording booth and watch as the voice actors of “Aladdin” work their microphone magic.
- Alternate Endings – Enter the realm of “what if” and see just how differently the movie could have ended.
- Drawing Genie – Join prolific animator Eric Goldberg as he draws and reminices about the Genie.
CLASSIC BONUS – Revisit over 40 exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- The Genie Outtakes
- “Aladdin”: Creating Broadway Magic
- Unboxing “Aladdin”
A few years ago I had the opportunity to interview the animator who drew Genie and see top-secret personal photos from when they were making the film. It was a once in a lifetime experience. I will never forget it. If you don’t own the animated classic, now’s the time to add it to your collection so you can enjoy both films over and over again.