This has been one weird year for lots of us. What we’re all going through is unlike anything we have experienced in the past. I don’t know anyone who can say they have lived though the challenges we have, especially our kids and how they are having to adjust with school and learning.
My two youngest children are probably the ones hit the hardest by this whole online learning process. My son with Autism because so much of his schedule has changed. It’s crazy how this whole COVID situation has made his life a big mess. When it first started it didn’t seem that bad but as the weeks past we realized how much he was regressing and missing his well established schedule. It left us so helpless and frustrated at the same time.
While dealing with his struggles we also had our youngest who finished the second half of Kindergarten online and entered First Grade online. All of his foundation learning for starting first grade he learned over a computer. He barely know how to operate a computer but still he had to be online to learn. Half his classmates didn’t even show up for the rest of his Kindergarten year, and on the final day of classes Google Meet was down and I could feel his teacher’s sadness because she couldn’t even give them the promotion ceremony she wanted.
For first grade he’s spending much more time online on the computer and all we received were books and a few small plastic pieces for him to practice math. Looking in the bag I knew we would have to do more to make sure he was getting a more hands on learning experience from home. We exercise by doing Yoga, fitness videos, and walking at least three times a week. We have purchased different art materials so he can be creative and artistic. However, we needed to find the perfect way to incorporate math and science in a hands on way.
During Sweet Suite at Home over the summer I remembered learning about some great STEM toys for kids and knew they would be perfect to help us make sure he was learning and having fun at the same time. Blue Marble teamed up with National Geographic to create some awesome toys that help kids have fun while learning about Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Its like when you find creative ways to add veggies into meals without kids knowing they’re eating healthy.
I knew my son would love these toys. He’s always asking questions about everything happening around him, and while it can be exhausting at times, we love that he’s inquisitive. It’s a trait that we encourage even if we get tired of the questions. We’re happy to see him wanting to learn more and more. Looking at all the toys on their site I didn’t know where to start. They have so many options for you to choose from for your kids. We ended up with two sets that I think are a great start for him, that he can also use with his siblings.
About the Light Up Sky Rockets
- GREAT PRICE – Priced at $19.99 this toy set is very affordable, making it a great option for lots of kids and families. Plus there are multiple rockets so if you have more than one child they each can get their own rocket and spend hours playing and having fun. That means one toy can be a gift for the entire family.
- ROCKETS SOAR UP TO 100 FEET – Stomp the extra-large foot pump on the kids toy rocket launcher and send your air rockets flying high! This is an awesome addition to your collection of outdoor games and outdoor toys!
- LIGHT UP THE SKY – Other rocket launchers for kids don’t put on a show like these rockets! Each foam-tipped rocket is equipped with LED lights that can be turned on and off. Take outdoor play to the next level with a spectacular rocket light show!
- LEARNING CAN REALLY BE THIS FUN – This is more than a kids rocket launcher because the detailed learning guide contains rocket flight experiments and insight into the physics of motion and aerodynamics. Making it a great STEM gift for boys and girls!
- GET OUTSIDE AND PLAY – Kids rockets encourage physical exercise, scientific exploration, fine motor skill development, and balance. An adjustable launch tube launches rockets at different angles and stomp launching makes every flight kid-powered!
My son with Autism loves building things with blocks, so I thought this set was a good way for him and his younger brother to bond while learning. I actually think the whole family could build together. You can spend a whole day building this set with your family and then have a fun night rolling your glow-in-the-dark marbles through the set. There are three different sets, the small 80 piece set that priced at $29.99, the medium 150 piece set priced at $59.99, and the large 250 piece set priced at $89.99. You can also purchase extra marbles and an expansion pack for any of your sets.
About the Glow-in-the-Dark Marble Run
- STURDY TIGHT-FIT PIECES – This construction kit is designed to fit together snuggly, so your marble maze won’t fall apart while you play. With 9 sturdy bases, 26 exciting action pieces, and 85 clear smooth-run tube pieces, our kit has countless imaginative configurations
- GLOW IN THE DARK MARBLES – The marble run kit includes 6 different colors of glow-in-the-dark glass marbles that shine bright as they zig-zag down the marble run. Also Includes UV light to quickly recharge the marbles
- CONVENIENT STORAGE – A mesh bag and marble pouch makes it easy to store your marble run construction pieces and glow-in-the-dark marbles in one place
- GREAT STEM TOY – The learning guide inside teaches about the physics of motion and aerodynamics. It also includes marble run construction experiments
You can purchase these National Geographic toys on Amazon. Learn more about the Blue Marble brand and their other toys on their website. You can also check out their other brands like Discover with Dr. Cool and Blockaroo.