Wedding anniversaries come around every year, but some are more memorable than others. A silver wedding anniversary, for example, is a celebration of 25 years of wedded bliss. A golden wedding anniversary is even more of a special occasion because it marks 50 years as a married couple. Living together and being there for each other during life’s many ups and downs is worthy of a memorable kind of celebration. If your parents are going to be enjoying 50 years of being married together, here are eight ideas that will make the occasion unforgettable.
- Gift Them the Trip of a Lifetime – Is there a city your parents have been longing to visit? Rather than driving there in the car or taking the train, let them travel wherever they want to go in absolute style and luxury. Hire a private jet to take them away for the day and to fly them back home again. The beauty of a private jet is that you can reach far more destinations than regularly scheduled flights. Stratos Jet Charters is one such company that can help.
- Organize a Golden Wedding Party – Your parents are sure to enjoy a celebration with all their friends and family around them. Decorate the venue with golden accessories and recreate their wedding cake.
- Make an Anniversary Video – When you’ve been together for 50 years, there are bound to be plenty of happy moments and wonderful memories. Turn these into a video, and they’ll be able to watch it on their anniversary.
- Send Them Away on a Cruise – A week relaxing and enjoying each other’s company with the sound of the ocean in the background is a great way to celebrate a 50th wedding anniversary. There may be a destination they’ve been meaning to visit or a favorite they’ve not been to for a while.
- An Ad in a Local Paper – If your parents read the local paper, you could surprise them by taking out an ad. Everyone in the area will also learn about their milestone anniversary, and there will be well-wishers aplenty.
- Take Them on a Trip Down Memory Lane – Take your parents out for the day for a trip down memory lane. Let them revisit their courting spots, where they got married and their first marital home.
- Make a Special Gift – Create a scrapbook of all your parent’s significant moments, from their wedding day right up to the present day. Get in touch with friends and family members and get them to contribute to the scrapbook, so you’ve got a comprehensive record of their life together.
- Plan a Vow Renewal Ceremony – Renewing their wedding vows is a great way to celebrate and honor 50 years of married life together. There will also be an opportunity for a party afterward, whether it’s in someone’s home, a restaurant, or the hall where they held their reception 50 years ago.
There are lots of ways to celebrate a wedding anniversary, but when it’s a milestone anniversary, such as a golden, silver, ruby, or diamond anniversary, the celebration needs to be unique.