Since the posters and announce of Soul came out I was excited. I love Jamie Foxx in any singing role in movies. He’s amazing using his voice for music. Honestly I wasn’t sure what to expect when the movie was getting ready to hit Disney Plus and when it did we had a family movie night to celebrate the new release. It was a good film but I was shocked he didn’t sing in that movie and if he did it wasn’t much. I did like how the story telling about Jazz was showcased in the film and that I wish I had much more to enjoy.
If you haven’t seen the movie yet I’m not sure why, everyone should be on the Disney Plus platform because let me tell you in addition to Disney’s catalog of classic content, they are killing it with new originals. If you’re not you have to get on there right now. Trust me it’s worth every dime.
Now back to Soul, this film is very layered and has a few story points that make it entertaining and thought provoking at the same time. You wouldn’t think a children’s movie would do that but it does. It leaves you wondering about life and the afterlife even the before life. Yes according to Soul there is a place where we all are created and it’s an interesting take as well.
Directed by Academy Award® winner Pete Docter (Inside Out, Up), co-directed by Kemp Powers (One Night in Miami) and produced by Academy Award nominee Dana Murray, p.g.a. (Pixar short Lou), Disney and Pixar’s Soul will be available on digital, 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD on March 23.
The digital and physical releases of Soul will include exclusive, never-before-seen deleted scenes and audio commentary by Pete Docter, Kemp Powers, and Dana Murray. Additionally, fans can find the film packaged as a collectible SteelBook®at Best Buy and packaged with a limited-edition gallery book at Target.
Jamie Foxx leads an all-star cast in this hilarious, heart-filled adventure. Disney and Pixar’s Soul introduces Joe, who lands the gig of his life at the best jazz club in town. But one misstep lands Joe in a fantastical place: The Great Before. There, he teams up with soul 22 (Tina Fey), and together they find the answers to some of life’s biggest questions.
Disney and Pixar’s Soul Bonus Features*
- Deleted Scenes
- Introduction–Writer Mike Jones and story supervisor Kristen Lester introduce the Souldeleted scenes.
- MentorOrientation–Joe sneaks into the You Seminar Mentor Program orientation, trying to figure out how on earth he can get back to…Earth.
- Clubhouse Forgery–Joe follows 22 into her “secret lair” as she reluctantly agrees to help him find his way back to Earth.
- Home Lessons–Stuck inside Joe’s body, 22 clumsily attempts to help the downstairs neighbor.
- Living the Dream–Joe has a heart-to-heart with 22 about her fear of living on Earth, then tries to make his way back home via a dream portal.
- Press Shot–Joe, stuck in a cat’s body, and 22, stuck in Joe’s body, take the subway to the jazz club for a publicity photography session.
- Audio Commentary –View the film with audio commentary by director Pete Docter, co-director/writer Kemp Powers, and producer Dana Murray.
- Not Your Average Joe–See the thought and care that went into crafting Joe and his story in Pixar’s first film to feature a Black leading character.
- Astral Taffy–Get an in-depth look at the artistry and technical innovation that went into creating the sets and characters of Soul’s world.
- Pretty Deep for a Cartoon–The filmmakers tackle big questions, such as: Where does a newborn’s personality come from? What’s the meaning of life? And more!
- Into the Zone: The Music and Sound of Soul–Explore the movie’s different sonic worlds and discover how music drives and adds specificity to Joe’s journey.
- Soul, Improvised–See how the Pixar Systems team and Soul’s crew managed to finish the film on schedule during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Jazz Greats–Giants of the jazz world who consulted on Soulshare their passion and hard-won wisdom about what music is and does for us all.
You and purchase your copy of Soul from your favorite stores and online retailer and get your digital copy from MoviesAnywhere.com or on the Movies Anywhere app starting March 23rd. Thanks to the folks at Disney/Pixar I have two digital codes to give away to readers. Enter via the tool below.Soul Digital Code Giveaway