So I put my CD in my computer and I feel like I am automatically transferred through time and I am in another year in a jazz lounge just enjoying the sounds and atmosphere. Emmy Rossum’s voice is soothing and melodic and its certain to leave you wanting more. I love the covers of these songs and the fact that it makes me fell like I am living in a different place and time. Its so relaxing and enjoyable for me. Classic entertainment. I immediately feel in love with the song and title track ‘Sentimental Journey’ it was a stunning opener and a great lead into the whole album. I also enjoyed the tracks ‘These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)’ and ‘Nobody Knows You When You’re Down and Out’. The piano and other instruments also made this a very good listen. You are going to want to get this album for yourself or any jazz lover in your life.
The album Sentimental Journey, releasing on January 29th, is a collection of classic covers that takes us through the American Songbook, the multi-talented actress and singer brings her stellar voice to songs popularized by some of the most beloved artists of the last century. This 12-song ‘passion project’ is an emotional musical journey and each song represents a month of the year. “Each song needed to either lyrically or emotionally reflect the corresponding month,” Emmy explained. “Some songs were obvious fits, like Summer Wind for June, and Pretty Paper for December. Others songs were less literal fits. I chose Nobody Knows You (When You’re Down and Out) for September because, to me, the plaintive melody and lyric emotionally reflect the cold weather creeping in and the sense of melancholy we can get in the fall months.” Did you know that Rossum is also an acclaimed actress who currently stars in the Showtime series Shameless with William H. Macy. She also stars alongside Emma Thompson and Viola Davis in the upcoming feature film Beautiful Creatures, which hits theaters on February 13th.
Be on the look our for Emmy Rossum. Follow her on Twitter. Her upcoming television appearances include:
- Emmy will performing a track from Sentimental Journey on Access Hollywood Live on January 25th.
- Emmy will also be appearing as a guest on Conan on January 28th, Chelsea Lately on January 29th, and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on February 6th.
Sentimental Journey Track Listing:
- “Sentimental Journey” (Les Brown, Ben Homer, Arthur Green)
- “The Object Of My Affection” (Pinky Tomlin)
- “I’m Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover “(Mort Dixon, Harry M. Woods)
- “These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)” (Eric Maschwitz, Jack Strachey)
- “(I’ll Be With You) In Apple Blossom Time” (Albert Von Tilzer, Neville Fleeson)
- “Summer Wind” (Heinz Meier, Johnny Mercer)
- “Many Tears Ago” (Winfield Scott)
- “All I Do Is Dream Of You” (Nacio Herb Brown, Arthur Freed)
- “Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out” (Jimmy Cox)
- “Autumn Leaves” (Joseph Kosma, Jacques Prévert)
- “Things” (Bobby Darin)
- “Pretty Paper” (Willie Nelson)
Check out the music video for These Foolish Things (Reminds Me Of You)