Label It All with Epson LabelWorks
With four kids, three heading off to school this year, I had a lot of labeling to do. I was looking the perfect solution and I think I’ve found it. I received an Epson LabelWorks LW_600P for review purposes, any and all opinions expressed are my own.
With three kids going off to school this year I had to find a solution that was not only effective but cost friendly as well. In the past I would use permanent markers to label the kids items, I’ve also purchased personalized labels online and while they both work okay they are not the perfect solution for me. The markers would wear off or smudge and the personalized labels are expensive and limited. When I was contacted about the Epson LabelWorks LW-600P I knew that it would be a great solution for our family.
I need labels on everything for my three-year old. His teacher wants labels on his school supplies, his extra change of clothing, his coat, lunch kits, and anything we send him to school with. We need something that is fast, easy to use and as affordable as possible. The LabelWorks LW-600P is just want we need, not just for my son but for all our labeling needs.
The LabelWorks LW-600P is the first app-enabled label printer on the market. The label printer and the iLabel app takes full advantage of the capabilities of smart phones and tablets, and offers features that were not available with traditional label makers. Some of those features are:
- “True-view” label preview capability using the camera function to ensure labels perfectly match what’s on the screen
- Wirelessly create, edit and print labels
- Handwriting mode for custom drawing or annotation of labels using the touch screen interface
- Speech-to-text voice transcription and printing
- In-app storage of created label for future use
- Import of custom graphics such as symbols, logos and photographs to copy & paste onto labels for a more professional look or to add a personalized touch
- Creation of QR code labels for content sharing or barcode labels for inventory management which can be scanned by third-party QR/barcode apps
The LabelWorks LW-600P works with either an AC adapter or with six AA batteries. Getting started with the printer is super simple and so easy to do. Once you’re plugged in the printer or inserted the batteries, insert any of the tapes you choose for your LabelWorks machine. Press the power button to turn on the LW-600P. The Bluetooth light will illuminate on the machine. If you try to pair the printer and your phone before downloading the app, you will be prompted to download the app. You can also find the app in you app store by searching for “Epson iLabel”. Download directly from the iTunes Store or the Android App Market.
Once the app has been downloaded go to your Bluetooth settings and pair the devices. On my iPhone it tells me that the devices are connected once paired and that’s when I know it’s time to print. There are also step by step directions included in your printer box.
The LW-600P is very easy to use, once you have both devices paired, just open the iLabel app and get started. I was using the label printer to make an original label. You can also use it to create your own QR Codes, Barcodes and the app includes over 100 label design templates and 400 symbols. Another great feature of the LW-600P is that you can use a variety of tapes including iron-on, glow-in-the-dark, metallic reflective and ribbons. With so many options and possibilities there’s no limit to what you can create.
Epson iLabel Printing Instructions:
- Open the app and select “Original Label” (first option on the home screen).
- Choose desired font and by selecting the “A” button (shown on left), designate small, medium or large text from the options on the right then select done.
- Tap the top left corner of the white label to begin typing, enter in your text and select done when complete.
- Change the alignment of the text by selecting the left, right, or center options below the on-screen label.
- For a longer label, select the manual option under tape length, select the number then choose desired length and press done when complete. If not, leave on “Auto”.
- To change the tape width, simply tap the number under the tape width option and select your desired setting (max tape width is noted on the tape cartridge)
- Swipe left on any empty black space to add a custom barcode, import contact information onto label, handwrite, add a sign (swipe right and left for various categories), or import a photo from your device photo album.
- To alter image or barcode positions, swipe left on any empty black space.
- When your label is complete select the printer button at the bottom of the screen and label will begin printing.
- To start over, save a label, select a preset layout or retrieve a previously created label, tap the three lines on the top right
I loved the ease and comfort of the LW-600P. Now I don’t have to worry about labels again. I can print labels to any length that I want, changes the text and symbols and even change the kind of tape when I want something different. With this machine I can make sure the kids items are all labeled for school, organize around the house, promote my blog with my own QR Code and even make “baby proofing” labels with the warning labels from the catalog. The possibilities are endless.
The Epson LabelWorks LW-600P retails for $99.99 for the starter kit. You can purchase it from Epson.com. The initial cost may be a little high but the machine will be worth it in the long run. Like for our family purchasing labels for all three of the kids cost about $75 and those labels won’t even get my three-year old through the whole school year. With the LW-600P you just need to replace the label tape when you run out and you can even purchase tape directly from the app.
- Epson America Launches App-Enabled Label Printer for Smartphones and Tablets (virtual-strategy.com)
- Epson America Launches App-Enabled Label Printer for Smartphones and Tablets (sys-con.com)
- The Epson Labelworks LW600-P, not a label printer, but THE lable printer (examiner.com)
- Epson America Launches App-Enabled Label Printer for Smartphones and Tablets (prnewswire.com)
- Getting Organized With The Epson LW-300 Label Maker (prettyneatandhealthy.com)