Disney Channel Original Movie Zombies Heading Home Today
I have to be honest, I love Disney Channel Original Movies. The network does a fabulous job of creating movies that the whole family can enjoy. The newest addition to the DCOM family is Zombies and it’s another hit and my family just loves it. When you think about the word Zombie you may think it’s scary but the movie is far from it. If you’re a fan of the movie then I’m sure you’re going to be happy that it’s heading home on Disney DVD on April 24th!
Disney’s “ZOMBIES” is a music- and dance-filled story set in the fictitious world of Seabrook, a cookie-cutter community brimming with perky conformity 50 years after a zombie apocalypse. Today, the zombies pose no threat but are required to live in Zombietown, an isolated, rundown community infused with their unique creative spirit. When zombies are finally allowed to enroll in Seabrook High School, the charming, charismatic zombie Zed, who is determined to play football, meets freshman Addison who dreams of being a cheerleader — the ultimate form of status in Seabrook. Addison takes a lot of flak for befriending Zed and his zombie friends but comes to learn that zombies and cheerleaders aren’t so different after all. Zed and Addison work together to show Seabrook what they can achieve when they embrace their differences and celebrate what makes them a community.
Cast: Milo Manheim as Zed; Meg Donnelly as Addison; Trevor Tordjman as Bucky; Kylee Russell as Eliza; Carla Jeffery as Bree;Kingston Foster as Zoey; and James Godfrey as Bonzo.
One of our favorite things from the movie is all the original songs and the accompanying dance numbers. Within a few days, my kids were singing all the lyrics and learning the dances. I love the storyline in the movie about not judging a book by it’s cover and learning to give people a chance. We see two unlikely people become close friends and a whole town learn to unite and celebrate each other’s differences.
If you pick up a copy of the movie, check out all the bonus features included with the DVD, and that’s in addition to the cool glow-in-the-dark tattoos included in the box.
- Zombie Blooper Reel (DVD Exclusive) – Laugh out loud at the Cast of ZOMBIES in this compilation of the funniest bloopers and outtakes from the making of the film.
- The Zombie Survival Guide To High School (DVD Exclusive) – This piece uses a visual motif of a Zombie Survival Guide, with styled infographics and hosted by the talent. We go down the list of some of the most important survival tips for Zombies and humans on how to get along and make the best of high school.
- Dance Tutorial – Join Meg Donnelly (Addison), Kylee Russell (Eliza) and ZOMBIES Choreographer, Christopher Scott, as they show you how to dance along to the ‘BAMM” Music Video.
- Deleted Scene #1 (DVD Exclusive) – It’s a Cheer-tastrope
- Deleted Scene #2 (DVD Exclusive) – New Jacket, New Name
- Audition Tapes (DVD Exclusive)
- Milo Manheim Audition
- Meg Donnelly Audition
- Music Video – “BAMM”
- Lyric Video – “BAMM”
- Trailer #1
- Trailer #2