Big Hero 6 Arrives on Blu Ray & DVD
My kids have been watching the same DVD for the past week and a half. We received a copy of Big Hero 6 early for review from Disney Home Entertainment and the kids have been enjoying it since it arrived. It was a perfect road trip movie when we traveled to Lancaster for my birthday and we’ve been watching it at home since we got back. Last November I had the opportunity to travel to L.A. to attend the red carpet premiere of Big Hero 6. This weekend my kids asked to watch the Oscars because they saw that the movie was nominated and when they won the Academy Award they cheered so loudly. The award comes right on the heels of the in home release of Big Hero 6 on February 24th. Now fans can own the movie and enjoy it over and over again.
Also included is the Academy Award Winner for Best Animated Short – Feast, which opened in front of Big Hero 6 when it was playing in theaters. Both titles are perfect for a family movie night and trust me your family will enjoy this feature, over and over again. It’s filled with so much emotions. It will laughing, crying, cheering and laughing again all in the same scene. It’s a very positive movie to show kids that Math and Science rocks, that its okay to be smart and different and that family can come from unexpected places. There’s so many reasons why I love this movie and why I think you’ll love it as well. Read my Big Hero 6 review to see why I say it’s a must see and now a must own.
About Big Hero 6:
With all the heart and humor audiences expect from Walt Disney Animation Studios, “Big Hero 6” is an action-packed comedy adventure that introduces Baymax, a lovable, personal companion robot, who forms a special bond with robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada. When a devastating turn of events catapults them into the midst of a dangerous plot unfolding in the streets of San Fransokyo, Hiro turns to Baymax and his diverse group of friends — adrenaline junkie Go Go Tomago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred — who transform into a band of unlikely heroes. Bring home Disney’s “Big Hero 6,” featuring comic-book-style action and hilarious, unforgettable characters — it’s fun for the whole family!
Digital HD/3D/SD*, Blu-ray Combo Pack & Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA)
- FEAST Theatrical Short
- The Origin Story of “Big Hero 6”: Hiro’s Journey (hosted by Jamie Chung, voice of Go Go Tomago) – Join the team behind the team that brought Big Hero 6 to the big screen as they travel on research trips to Tokyo and San Francisco and go behind the scenes of this epic film. Explore everything comic-book about Big Hero 6, from director Don Hall’s passion for comics to the story’s roots in a lesser known Marvel property. We’ll talk to Marvel’s Joe Quesada and Jeph Loeb, who were consultants on the film, to learn what makes a good comic-book story, and how these devices were used to help create Disney’s “Big Hero 6.”
- Big Animator 6: The Characters Behind the Characters – Join the six lead animators of Big Hero 6 as they talk about each of the characters and how they came to be the heroes they are now.
- Deleted Scenes (intro by Directors Don Hall & Chris Williams) –Includes two alternate openings and more.
- Big Hero Secrets (Easter Egg) – The movie is filled with Easter Eggs, and this Buzzfeed-type list piece will give you a sampling of some of the hidden treasures in the film. See if you can find this Easter Egg about Easter Eggs! (BLU-RAY ONLY)
- Gag Animations (intro by Directors Don Hall & Chris Williams) – For fun, animators made alternate versions of scenes they were working on and threw them into the mix at review sessions. The directors will present some of these gags for the first time to the public in this piece. (DMA ONLY)
- Beatmax – Check out some of Baymax’s greatest lines auto-tuned like you’ve never heard before. (DMA ONLY)
- FEAST Theatrical Short
- Big Animator 6: The Characters Behind the Characters
- “Big Hero 6” Theatrical Teaser
Check out the Easter Eggs from Big Hero 6 and also check out some cool printable and coloring pages for the kids. Be sure to pick up Big Hero 6 in stores and have a family movie night that everyone is sure to enjoy.
Read more about my Big Hero 6 Blogger event: