Are you planning to open a new beach resort? If yes, then you definitely are going through a lot of brainstorming as for how to make your resort an ideal place to visit.
There are so many resorts in the market nowadays and to showcase your resort as one of the top destinations for visitors is a mammoth task.
A beach resort is typically situated near the beach and is a place where you can relax, have fun and enjoy the coastal atmosphere. So, the best way to promote and market your resort is to make it stand out in the crowd. Try to focus more on its decor as it is the first thing that catches the eye.
Let us now go through some of the most amazing decor ideas for your new beach resort.
- Choose the location: The decor both interior and exterior depend hugely on the location of the resort. So, choose wisely. The location and the available space are of utmost importance. The location should be picturesque. It should have an open waterfront, sandy beaches and should be very near to the ocean. It should be spacious enough to accommodate parking, swimming pools and indoor activities. There should also be sufficient space for outdoor amenities like parasailing and waterskiing, etc.
- Choose the ideal Colour: For coastal resorts white, cream and blue are the ideal colors. It brings out the tranquillity and peace and helps you to relax. However, if you want to break the monotony, add some green or brown and bring out the earthy coastal look. An all-white room looks extremely cozy and beautiful. Visitors do not want to feel dull and gloomy when they visit your resort. So try to use colors that will brighten up space. There is no thumb rule as to which color scheme is to be followed but using warm and sunny colors will definitely bring out the coastal vibe to your resort.
- Furnishing fabric and slipcovers: To give that effortless beachside look, go for chic fabric and bright colors. Custom-made fitted slipcovers give a sophisticated look. Choose your own designs or add your creativity. You can hire a designer who can bring your ideas to life and add that authentic coastal look to the soft furnishings. Choose a fabric that is both long-lasting and cost-effective and at the same time gives a luxurious look. Linen and muslin are not so expensive and at the same time looks soothing and comfy.
- Curtains and blinds: The curtains should be functional and should have the correct fit. You can go for block-out or sheer curtains. Rooms facing the sun directly can have block-out curtains. It will keep the rooms cool during the hot summer afternoons. Sheer curtains allow light into the rooms and are comparatively cheap. Sunscreen and block-out roller blinds are also quite common and are easy to use. Wooden Venetian blinds are extremely durable and can tolerate heat and moisture. This can be very useful for tropical climate. Blinds are easy to maintain and can be cleaned regularly.
- Furniture: Furniture should be of good quality and should last long. You definitely do not want to invest on furniture every now and then. Rattan chairs are not so costly and look extremely stylish. They are comfortable and unconventional and give a homely touch to the rooms. If you want to be playful and quirky, go for bold colors like yellow and blue. They will give a modern look to the rooms.
- Lighting the outdoors: To create the exact ambiance for your dream resort, appropriate lighting is very crucial. Use your imagination and try to give a dramatic effect to your outdoor lightning. Moonlighting effect around the swimming pool and spa areas can be soothing as well as comfortable. As people spend hours in a swimming pool, it is advisable to add some dim light and give the visitors some privacy. Install some lights in the branches and create a natural feel to the trees. If you have a waterfall, highlight the landscape with adequate light and shadow effect. Children’s park and the outdoor resort premises should be adequately lighted.
- Lighting the indoors: The rooms should be pleasantly lit. The lights should not be too harsh or it can be overpowering to the eyes. An indirect lighting effect is soothing and will help the guests to relax. You do not want your guests to get lost in the bathrooms. There should be enough light in the bathrooms so that they can easily locate the toiletries.
- Windows and Doors: Windows and doors can create a contemporary and luxurious ambiance. It should not only enhance the space but also add to the comfort of the hotel inmates. The uPVC frames with stained glasses look ravishing and add glamour to the rooms. Stylish wooden frames in light, medium and dark color give an aesthetic charm to the door finish. Always go for wide frames and big windows. This will enhance the view and also look spacious.
- Chandeliers: It is best to avoid the traditional heavy-work glass chandeliers while you are decorating your beach resort. It is time to go unconventional. Beautiful oyster shell chandeliers will really bring out the tropical look to the rooms. Natural fiber and wicker lanterns look beautiful. Organic fiber lighting covers are available in different sizes and designs.
- Artificial plants: Artificial flowers and plants delight the rooms and also are easy to maintain. Silk plants are available in varieties like orchids, tulips and lilies and lighten up the room. You can also go for artificial flower arrangements with tropical flowers. There are plenty available in the market. Silk plants direct flowers like cherry blossoms and rose-bouquet look sophisticated and can be used for decorations.
Your beach resort should not only liven up the tropical spirit of the beaches, but should also be the perfect place to relax and unwind. Do you really enjoy your time in the resort? If you do then your guests will definitely have the most memorable vacation moments.