We’re in our full first week of summer camp for Camp Warner Brothers and the kids are already having some fun. We opened up our welcome kit on Instagram and I shared it on the blog and give you some insight into all the weekly activities for Camp Warner Brothers for the whole summer. It’s our official first week and we are in superhero training. This week our family movie is LEGO® DC: Shazam! Magic and Monsters.
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with Warner Brothers. Any opinions expresses are my own.
The folks at Warner Brothers teamed up with one of their most popular superheroes to provide some basic superhero training for the kids. All you need is a simple mask and cape to get started. Really all you need is a mask to get the show on the road. Check out the video below with Batman to see how to get trained to be your own superhero.
Being a superhero isn’t hard at all, and most movies make it seems you have to be strong and have superpowers to be a hero, but I have a few tips to share with campers on how they can be superheroes at home during virtual summer camp.
- Do Your Chores: with everyone at home, there are probably more and more chores to do in the house. Helping your parents around the house with dishes, taking out the trash, and other chores can go a long way.
- Clean Your Room: before your parents come in to remind you, clean up your own room. It will go a long way and make you a hero for sure.
- Help with Younger Siblings: if you have younger siblings help your parents taking care of them. Offer to help make sure they brush their teeth, give them their baths, read with them, or even help feed them at dinner.
- Donate Your Old Toys: once you’ve outgrown your toys and you don’t have siblings who can use them donate them to a local charity. It’s a great way to get into charitable giving at an early age.
- Treat Others with Kindness: one way to be a hero is to be kind to people. Kindness is something that all heroes should show and something that’s easy for kids to show and display.
The movie this week is LEGO® DC: Shazam! Magic and Monsters s now available to own on Digital, Blu-ray & DVD. It’s a fun movie the family can all enjoy together and great for a nice family movie night.
About LEGO® DC: Shazam! Magic and Monsters:
10-year-old Billy Batson shouts a single word and, with lightning bolts flashing, he transforms into Shazam!, a full-fledged adult Super Hero. It doesn’t take long for Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman and the rest of the Justice League to take notice and invite the earnest do-gooder to join the team. But to become a member, Billy must reveal his true identity. While fighting off the evil Mr. Mind and Black Adam, Billy learns that he must trust others – and that nothing creates trust like helping those in need. Join the good fight with this giant-sized LEGO DC adventure!
Be sure to keep coming back weekly for all our other camp activities. Next week we are making DIY Crystals and the kids and I can’t wait to share how ours turns out with you guys. Be sure to follow along #CampWarnerBrothers for all my updates on social media as well.