I honestly have to say that I wasn’t sure what to think when Disney teamed up LucasFilm to create new additions to the Star Wars franchise. I have loved every film created including the Star Wars Story of Han Solo. So this new final film in the new series is one I’m looking forward to seeing in cinemas.
Lucasfilm and director J.J. Abrams join forces once again to take viewers on an epic journey to a galaxy far, far away with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, the riveting conclusion of the seminal Skywalker saga, where new legends will be born and the final battle for freedom is yet to come.
The film stars Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Anthony Daniels, Naomi Ackie, Domhnall Gleeson, Richard E. Grant, Lupita Nyong’o, Keri Russell, Joonas Suotamo, Kelly Marie Tran, with Ian McDiarmid and Billy Dee Williams
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is directed by J.J. Abrams and produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Abrams and Michelle Rejwan. Callum Greene, Tommy Gormley and Jason McGatlin serve as executive producers. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker was written by J.J. Abrams & Chris Terrio.
Watching the trailer just gave me goosebumps. I’m so excited to see Daisy Ridley again as Ray. I’m even excited about seeing bad boy Kylo Ren again in the film. These movies have actually made me a fan of the dark side, at least for Kylo.
To prepare for the release of the film Disney released new merchandise at their Triple Force Friday event in October. You can find collectibles from your favorite retailers like Walmart, Target, and Amazon. You can also buy your own Obi Wan Kenobi lightsaber online, so you’re ready to right on opening night.
Additional retail festivities across 500,000 stores globally for both Frozen Fan Fest and Triple Force Friday include:
- Target – Products from “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,” “The Mandalorian,” and classic Star Wars, including action figures, lightsabers and droids. Highlights include the Ultimate D-O, Black Series Mystery Box, Black Series Mandalorian and a LEGO Brickheadz 2-pack.
- Walmart is bringing the entire Skywalker Saga to life with an exclusive line of products. The first wave of products was released at midnight on October 4th, with new releases planned for November and December. The assortment includes the Skywalker Saga Commemorative Edition Hasbro 2-pack gold figures, Gold Funko Pop!, Collector Retro Lunch Box and more.
- Amazon is debuting a robust assortment of “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” to the Amazon Treasure Truck featuring limited-edition Star Wars product in select cities. Visit Treasure Truck alerts for more details.
- Fans can find a robust assortment of Star Wars and “Frozen 2” inspired collectibles, accessories, apparel and more across specialty retailers, including GameStop, Hot Topic, BoxLunch, Claire’s, and Justice beginning today and throughout the holiday season.
About Triple Force Friday
Triple Force Friday celebrates the launch of a range of brand-new products inspired by a trio of upcoming original Star Wars releases, including:
- “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”: the highly anticipated final installment of the Skywalker saga, which hits theaters December 20
- “The Mandalorian”:The first-ever Star Wars live-action series, which will debut in the U.S. on November 12 exclusively on Disney+, The Walt Disney Company’s new streaming service
- “Star WarsJedi: Fallen Order”: a brand-new action adventure game from Respawn Entertainment, releasing November 15
On September 26, hundreds of thousands of fans around the world tuned in to the Triple Force Friday Global Reveal livestream from Pinewood Studios in London where, via live and recorded vignettes, an ensemble of Star Wars talent revealed all-new Star Wars products are rolling out globally.