Six Reasons to Visit Disneyland for Pixar Fest
Today marks the start of Pixar Fest at Disneyland and I’m so excited to share details about all the amazing things coming to the park to help celebrate all things Pixar. During the #Incredibles2Event we had the opportunity to chat with part of the Disneyland team including Production Manager Krista Sheffler, Creative Director Tasha Sounart and Production Manager Heidi Holman.
Someone book me a flight and get me to Disneyland as soon as possible. Pixar Fest looks and sounds like it’s going to be amazing and I don’t want to miss out a chance to participate in such an amazing event. The limited time festival is taking place at Disneyland this summer from April 13 through September 3rd. If you’re planning a visit, check out all the new things happening at the park just for Pixar Fest.
Pixar Themed Rides
Disneyland has updated some of the rides in the park to add more Pixar flair during the festival. When you’re heading on the monorail be sure to look for all the Pixar characters showcased on the rail.
One monorail train features The Incredibles and Frozone showcasing their Super strengths while Nemo, Marlin, Dory, Crush and Squirt swim through a rip current on another train.
Disneyland Pixar Themed Rides
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters: In this interactive attraction, guests fire lasers to help battle the Evil Emperor Zurg, who is trying to steal the batteries from helpless toys.
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage: Guests take a submarine voyage to explore the world of Nemo and his underwater friends.
- “it’s a small world”: Woody, Jessie and Bullseye from “Toy Story” are among the many toys and dolls found in this classic attraction.
- Character encounters with Pixar pals: Guests can meet Merida from “Brave” in Fantasyland and Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story” in Frontierland.
- “Fantasmic!”: Favorite Pixar characters appear in the finale of “Fantasmic!” nightly on the Rivers of America.
California Adventure Pixar Themed Rides
- Cars Land: Guests step into the world of Radiator Springs with three attractions plus themed shopping and dining locations across 12 acres.
- Toy Story Mania!: Guests shrink to the size of toys and take aim at objects to score points in 4D midway-inspired carnival games hosted by the characters from the “Toy Story” films.
- “A Bug’s Land”: Shrinking to the size of a bug, guests experience this story through family-friendly attractions.
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!: Guests take a wild taxi ride through Monstropolis with Mike and Sulley as they search for their lost human friend, Boo.
- Turtle Talk with Crush: Crush, the sea turtle from “Finding Nemo,” interacts with guests in live, real-time, animated conversations.
- DJ’s Dance ‘n Drive: The interactive dance party in Cars Land invites guests to move to the music.
Fun Pixar Experiences For The Whole Family
When you’re done riding your favorite Pixar themed rides check out some of the fun themed experiences that the whole family will enjoy. Be sure to grab your camera because there will be lots of characters in and around the park during Pixar Fest.
- Musical Entertainment: Special renditions of “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” from “Toy Story” will be performed by various musical groups, including the Disneyland Band, Straw Hatters, Dapper Dans, Main Street Piano Player, Royal Street Bachelors and Jambalaya Jazz Band. The Straw Hatters also perform a rendition of “Married Life” from “Up,” along with the Royal Street Bachelors who add “If I Didn’t Have You” from “Monsters, Inc.” to their repertoire.
- Pixar Pals Dance Party: Beginning June 8, The Pixar Pals Dance Party at the Tomorrowland Terrace will get guests of all ages mixing, mingling and dancing with some of their favorite Pixar pals. The dance party is an ideal time to get up close with Pixar characters such as Russell, Dug, Woody, Jessie, the Green Army Men and more.
- Pixar Shorts Film Festival: The Sunset Showcase Theater in Hollywood Land features a collection of Pixar Shorts during most of Pixar Fest, including favorites such as “For the Birds,” “La Luna” and “LAVA.”
- Draw Pixar pals at Animation Academy: Guests may learn how to draw their favorite Pixar characters with the artists at Animation Academy. With step-by-step instructions provided by an illustrator, guests will draw favorite Pixar characters including Sulley, Dug, Edna Mode, Jack-Jack, Bing Bong and more.
- Pixar Pals at Paradise Gardens: Paradise Gardens celebrates Pixar pals with character experiences, musical performances and themed food and décor. The entrance archway to Paradise Gardens features a “Pixar Pals” marquee, along with colorful artwork of some of Pixar’s most beloved characters.
- Pixar Character Experiences: Throughout the day, guests will meet and pose for photos with their favorite Pixar pals such as Woody & Buzz, Mike & Sulley, Mr. & Mrs. Incredible, Flik & Atta and Russell & Dug.
- TripleDent Gum presents The Pixarmonic Orchestra: Guests will enjoy the tunes of TripleDent Gum presents The Pixarmonic Orchestra at the Paradise Garden Bandstand. The zany, seven-piece band performs a fun-filled repertoire of songs from Pixar films with unconventional instruments such as cowbells, kazoos, duck calls, sirens and slide whistles. This summer, The Pixarmonic Orchestra will move to a new location at Pixar Pier.
Pixar Decor: Iconic poster art from Pixar films is on display throughout Paradise Gardens. In addition, a sculpted display of Héctor, Miguel and Dante celebrates Pixar’s most recent Academy Award®-winning animated feature, “Coco.”
Paint The Night Parade Returns
I’m so excited about the return of Paint The Night Parade. I love the parades at the parks. I had the opportunity to see a few and it’s a great way to wind down after a fun day at the park.
“Paint the Night” parade returns, and this time guests will enjoy the parade’s more than 1 million, brilliant LED lights and catchy tunes at Disney California Adventure. “Paint the Night” features pals from “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.” and “Cars.” In June, a new, high-energy float inspired by “The Incredibles” will add to the Pixar fun.
“Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular”
The new Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectaular is set to debut at Disneyland during Pixar Fest. Beloved Pixar stories and characters come to life at Disneyland park through dazzling pyrotechnics, projections, memorable music and a heartwarming story which celebrates the theme of friendship. This new firework show invites guests to embark on an emotional journey that begins with the meeting of unlikely Pixar pals and follows their adventures as they overcome obstacles and forge everlasting friendships.
I can imagine the amazing story this show will tell, with all our beloved Pixar characters. Pixar has a way of making you cry when you least expect it, so I’m sure some tears will be shed during this nighttime spectacular.
Limited Edition Pixar Fest Merchandise
Now through Sept. 3, 2018, Pixar fans of all ages will want to join in the fun with Pixar Fest merchandise. New, limited-time offerings are ideal to take home, or share with a friend, including apparel, accessories, drinkware, plush, souvenirs and more. Items are available throughout the resort, including Emporium in Disneyland Park, the new Knick’s Knacks in Disney California Adventure Park, the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney and at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
Popular Pixar Fest merchandise items include:
- Friendship bracelets: Guests will commemorate their personal friendships with Pixar-themed friendship charm bracelets. With nine sets of Pixar pal charms to collect, friends may add new charms to their bracelets throughout Pixar Fest.
- Apparel: Guests of all ages will get into the spirit of friendship with Pixar Fest apparel. T-shirts, baseball caps and more feature colorful Pixar Fest character designs, available in men’s, women’s and youth sizes. Special companion apparel is designed to be worn “in pairs,” inspired by the stories of “Up,” “The Incredibles,” “Finding Nemo” and more.
- Pixar headwear: Special themed headwear will allow guests to channel some of their favorite Pixar characters. Fun Pixar headwear includes:
- Woody, Green Alien, WALL•E, EVE and Lightning McQueen Ears
- Buzz Lightyear and Space Alien glow headbands
- Hair bows inspired by Dory, Jessie, and Mike and Sulley
- Buzz bubble blower: Space rangers will fill the parks with bubbles, with help from their Pixar pal Buzz Lightyear.
- Space Alien Light Up Tumbler: Guests at the Disneyland Resort will quench their thirst with a Space Alien Light Up Tumbler. The tumbler features the claw reaching down toward a green Alien from “Toy Story,” and will leave guests “oohing” and “ahhing” with its three light-up sequences.
- “Finding Nemo” and “Finding Dory” souvenir light-up sippers: Guests may also enjoy beverages in special “Finding Nemo” and “Finding Dory” light-up sippers. The sippers can be enjoyed on their own or in pairs, as one features Nemo and the other features Dory.
- Sulley popcorn bucket and Mike Wazowski sipper: At popcorn carts throughout the parks, guests will find their favorite monsters with the Sulley popcorn bucket and Mike Wazowski sipper. When combined, the items make quite the pair.
- Pixar-themed straws: Guests may add a little Pixar flair to their beverages with a Pixar Lamp & Ball Straw, and a Space Alien Straw. These straws also include a special souvenir, which can be removed and used as a backpack clip.
- “Coco” jarrita: Guests dining at Rancho del Zocalo in Disneyland or Paradise Garden Grill in Disney California Adventure may enjoy a delicious treat from a beautifully designed “Coco” jarrita souvenir cup.
- Sketch Artisans at Off the Page & Knick’s Knacks: At Off the Page and the new Knick’s Knacks in Disney California Adventure, guests will be able to have a Disney artist create an original piece of work right before their eyes. Guests may select from a curated assortment of images from Pixar feature films and watch as the artist brings the scene to life for guests, an ideal souvenir.
- Art on Demand at Knick’s Knacks: Also at the new Knick’s Knacks, guests may visit the new Art on Demand kiosk to view a curated assortment of images from Pixar archives representing both Pixar feature films and short films. Once an image is chosen, guests may select to have it printed on paper or canvas and may have it shipped directly to their home.
- Pixar Fest ornaments: Two-sided, Pixar Fest ceramic disk ornaments showcase Pixar friends with one pal on each side. Guests will find Mike and Sulley, WALL•E and EVE, Miguel and Dante, and Joy and Anger featured on these must-have collector ornaments.
- Art & Collectibles: Starting in June, stylized wooden figures inspired by Disney•Pixar characters will be available for guests to collect. These wooden figures come in sets of three, with sets inspired by “The Incredibles” arriving in June, “Toy Story” in July, “Monsters, Inc.” in August, and “Up” in September.
- Pixar Fest pin trading: Friends and pin traders will expand their collections with limited-edition pins set to be released throughout Pixar Fest. Pins will feature Pixar characters from “The Incredibles,” “Up,” “Finding Nemo” and other beloved Pixar films
- Pixar Fest stationery set: Guests may share the message of friendship with their family and friends with special Pixar Fest greeting cards. The note cards feature Pixar pals Lighting McQueen and Mater, Dug and Russell, Remy and Linguini, and Sulley and Boo on the front cover, with space to write a personalized message inside.
- Pixar Fest keychains: For a token of friendship, guests may carry Pixar Fest keychains that feature Pixar buddies: WALL•E and EVE, Joy and Anger, Miguel and Dante, and Nemo and Dory. The Pixar Fest keychains will be available in June.
- Pixar Fest Dooney & Bourke designs: Dooney & Bourke has designed a wallet, cross-body and tote collection exclusively for Pixar Fest, all featuring stylized Pixar character art. These items will be available in May.
- Pixar Fest Lounge Fly tote: Lounge Fly has designed a leather tote bag inspired by “Monsters, Inc.,” exclusively for Pixar Fest.
Food Glorious Food
There are lots of delicious Pixar themed foods for guests to enjoy while visiting the park. I would love to get a day or two to sample all the different foods they are planning to roll out. I think my top choice is the Lotso Funnel Cake.
The Pixar Fest Celebration Cake is expected to be a guest favorite. Drawing inspiration from the famous yellow Pixar Ball, this eye-catching treat features layers of yellow vanilla cake, blue raspberry cake and red velvet cake with raspberry purée and vanilla frosting, topped with a chocolate Pixar Ball. The Pixar Fest Celebration Cake is available for guests at Plaza Inn at Disneyland Park and Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta at Disney California Adventure Park.
Also for Pixar Fest, the popular Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port transforms into Alien Pizza Planet, inspired by the loveable green Space Aliens from the family restaurant frequented by Andy (and his toys) in “Toy Story.” The Space Aliens are invading this popular dining spot to deliver fresh, hot pizzas and other items that are out of this world, including the new specialty pepperoni pizza and cheeseburger pizza.
All around the resort, guests will find special menu items inspired by the beloved characters and stories in Pixar films, ideal for sharing with a friend. Some of the creative Pixar Fest food and beverage items are listed below, and more details can be found at Disneyland.com.
“Up” on Main Street U.S.A.
- The fried bologna sandwich at Carnation Café
- The pork chop dinner, reminiscent of Carl’s TV dinners, with a spiced apple pork chop, cornbread, peas and carrots, and a chocolate cake dessert at Carnation Café
- Specialty Éclair at Jolly Holiday Bakery Café
- Frozen “Grape Soda” slush at Cappo Cart
“Coco” in Frontierland
- “Coco”-inspired menu items at Rancho Del Zocalo include a Mexican chocolate pot de crème, topped with a Miguel chocolate
- Coco Churro with rich chocolate powder, vanilla bean and salted cinnamon sugar is served with a spiced, Mexican chocolate dipping sauce
“Toy Story” in Frontierland
- Root beer float served in a souvenir Woody boot at Golden Horseshoe Saloon (guests will want to check the bottom of the boot for a “Toy Story” memory)
- Berry funnel cake, topped with blueberries, strawberries, cookie-and-cream crumbles, crème anglaise, white chocolate and gold-dusted whipped cream at Stage Door Café
- Cinnamon pretzel at Frontierland Pretzel Cart
“Toy Story” in Tomorrowland
- Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port transforms into Alien Pizza Planet, featuring new Alien-inspired items, including a hearty cheeseburger pizza topped with cheese, caramelized onions, diced tomatoes, slider patties, a house-made burger sauce, and pickles.
“Ratatouille” in New Orleans Square
- A three-course dinner inspired by the little chef, Remy, served at Café Orleans. The dinner features a charcuterie plate starter, Ratatouille a Confit Byaldi Shrimp dish entrée and berry and cheese beignets served a la mode.
Disney California Adventure
- Chilled noodle salad features color-changing noodles with mint, Thai basil, shredded daikon and tofu at Lucky Fortune Cookery (special sauce activates the new color)
- Mike Wazowski-shaped sourdough bread at Pacific Wharf Café
- Mint chip smoothie and whoopie pie at Schmoozies
- “Coco”-inspired menu at Paradise Garden Grill, in the Pixar Pals area, with mole verde con pollo, tacos de estilo callejero, a Jamaica slush and “Coco” tres leches parfait
- Also featured at Paradise Garden Grill is a Mexican cinnamon-spiced hot chocolate served in a souvenir “Coco” jarrita
- A new menu at Flo’s V8 Café for Pixar Fest features items such as a classic cheeseburger, turkey club sandwich, cobb salad, fried chicken plate and more.
- Habanero meatball cone at Cozy Cone Motel
Everyone’s favorite family of superheroes is back in “Incredibles 2” – but this time Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is in the spotlight, leaving Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell) and Dash (voice of Huck Milner) to navigate the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life. It’s a tough transition for everyone, made tougher by the fact that the family is still unaware of baby Jack-Jack’s emerging superpowers. When a new villain hatches a brilliant and dangerous plot, the family and Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) must find a way to work together again—which is easier said than done, even when they’re all Incredible.
Disney•Pixar’s INCREDIBLES 2 opens in theatres everywhere June 15th, 2018!