Six of my Favorite Quotes from Rogue One and our Digital Viewing/Party Experience
This past Sunday I spent the night checking out Rogue One on DigitalHD thanks to Walt Disney Home Entertainment and Roku. I received a special Rogue One Digital Party kit that included a Roku Stick for viewing our digital copy of the film.
While watching the film I participated in a fun Twitter party with fellow bloggers. We were placed on different teams and engaged in a friendly battle. I was on #TeamRebel and the other team was #TeamEmpire. We had fun battling it out throughout the movie, by posting our favorite quotes and gifs.
I have to say that #TeamEmpire came prepared to throw down. They gave #TeamRebel a run for their money, but in the end, we were victorious. While posting the quotes it made me think of all my favorite quotes from the film. I wanted to share some of those favorites with you.
My Six Favorite Quotes from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
— Jennifer & Shelley (@MagicalSiblings) March 27, 2017
— Nickida Stephens (@nickicoupons) March 27, 2017
— Nickida Stephens (@nickicoupons) March 27, 2017
— Leticia Barr (@techsavvymama) March 27, 2017
— Jana Seitzer (@merlotmommy) March 27, 2017
— Tammy Litke (@threedifferent) March 27, 2017
Our Digital Viewing Experience
To get ready for the party I created a fun snack station for my family to enjoy some goodies while were watching the film. I created some fun and easy labels to apply water bottles. They helped give our party a little more personalization.
I started to make popcorn so the kids could snack on. It was perfect because they could mix in the different candy into the plain popcorn. In addition to the regular popcorn, I made some Old Fashion Candy Popcorn.
We had a great time watching the movie and enjoying our snacks. I really enjoyed the live viewing Twitter party with my fellow bloggers. It was another great way to enjoy the film with them as well. Rogue One: A Stay Wars Story is available on DigitalHD now, and is coming to Blu-ray and DVD on April 4th.
rom Lucasfilm comes the first of the Star Wars standalone films, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” an all-new epic adventure. In a time of conflict, a group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire’s ultimate weapon of destruction. This key event in the Star Wars timeline brings together ordinary people who choose to do extraordinary things, and in doing so, become part of something greater than themselves.
Never-before- seen “Rogue One” bonus material will take fans behind the scenes with the movie’s diverse, dynamic cast and inspired team of filmmakers. An intimate collection of stories reveals how the film came to life, as well as hidden Easter Eggs and film facts that audiences may have missed in the theater.
BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE*:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars universe.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
Go Gehind the Scenes with Exclusive Content
One of my blogging buddies Tessa of Mama Smith’s Blog, attended the #RogueOneEvent this past fall to get the details about the film. Check out her interviews with the cast and filmmakers.
- Gareth Edwards (Director)
- Riz Ahmed (Bodhi)
- Ben Mendelsohn (Krennic)
- Donnie Yen (Chirrut)
- Mads Mikkelsen (Galen Erso) & Alan Tudyk (K-2SO)
- Diego Luna (Cassian)
- Felicity Jones (Jyn Erso)