Run Wild for Autism Fundraiser
Since finding out that our son John-Benjamin has Autism, life has been a whirlwind of ups and downs. A few weeks ago I found an awesome resource that has been a huge help to me in finding other people who also have children with Autism. Pathfinders for Autism helped me understand so much about my son and guided me to a great support group. There website is full of amazing information for parents in all stages of Autism life. I wish I had found this site last year when we received JB’s diagnosis.
This summer we had the opportunity to attend an event with Pathfinders at the Downtown Sailing Center on the Baltimore Inner Harbor. It was such an amazing experience for us that we couldn’t wait to get back to another event. Thanks to the folks at Pathfinders for Autism, our whole family got signed up to participate in the Run Wild for Autism 5k Race and Fun Run for JB. We can’t wait to participate in the fun run with the kids.
About Run With for Autism and Pathfinders for Autism:
Sunday, September 27, 2015
7:00am – 12:00pm (race starts at 8:30am)
Maryland Zoo in Baltimore
Run Wild for Autism is a 5K Race and Family Fun Run/Walk to raise money for Pathfinders for Autism.
It is Pathfinder’s mission to offer FREE guidance and support to Maryland’s autism community in the following ways:
- The Pathfinders for Autism Resource Center – which offers caring and knowledgeable staff to assist individuals, families and professionals in finding the information and services they need
- Public awareness about Autism and its effect on individuals, families and society
- Parent, professional, and first responder training on pertinent topics by experts in the field
- Recreational opportunities that allow for the entire family to enjoy a fun outing in an inclusive environment
To participate in Run Wild for Autism, registration for adults is $25 ($30 on race day), youth 13- 17 is $20 and free for children 12 and under. Participants with Autism receive free registration.
EVENT SCHEDULE, FEATURES & FAQs
7:00-8:15am Registration (outside Main Gate)
8:30am Race (8:30 5K, 8:45 Fun Run/Walk)
9:00-11:00am Post-Race Activities at Waterfowl Pavilion
Zoo Gates Open at 10:00am
– 5K Run through the Maryland Zoo and Druid Hill Park
– Family Fun Run/Walk through the Maryland Zoo
– Professionally Managed Race by Charm City Run
– Post-race awards ceremony
– Family activities, zoo Animal Ambassadors and more
– Give-away items
– Post-race snacks
– PLUS SPECIAL RACE DAY ZOO ADMISSION: individuals registered for the race will be able to access the Zoo free of charge on race day. Zoo passes may be picked up on Race Day at check-in.