Red, White & Blue Cookies
This summer I am working with The Motherhood on a partnership with Feeding America on their “A Childlike Summer” campaign. When I think of summer I can think of so many great things for you to do and of course there’s Independence Day – July 4th. So what’s a great way to have a child like summer and celebrate our nation’s independence? With cookies of course. They are a very popular snack and so easy to make and enjoy. These Red, White & Blue Cookies (Cranberry, Blueberry & White Chocolate Chip Cookies) are a great way to celebrate and have your children enjoy the summer. For this recipe I just twerked my Sooner Specials recipe to create this treat.
- 1 cup margarine/butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). *please note that not all ovens are the same, I bake mines at 350, its up to you if you choose to bake at 375 or 350* Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg. Combine the flour and baking soda; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the white chocolate chips, blueberries and cranberries. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. For best results, take them out while they are still doughy. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.