KidsFest at Kings Dominion
I spent the weekend at KidsFest at Kings Dominion with my family, it was my first time covering an event for my sister’s blog and we all enjoyed it so much. I’d joke with my sister about sending me to events on behalf of her blog before so when the invite from Kings Dominion came to attend their blogger event to kick off KidsFest conflicted with her plans she asked me if I wanted to go in her place. Of course I said yes, I knew it was something the boys would love.
Kings Dominion kicked off their second annual KidsFest on July 16th, and made it bigger and better than it was before. The park invited area bloggers to celebrate, and to experience all the fun and excitement currently planned for guests of the park. KidsFest takes place in Planet Snoopy from noon to 5PM, started last weekend and concludes this weekend (7/23-7/24).
Did you know that on KidFest days everyone pays kids admission prices. Just head to the Kings Dominion website to purchase your tickets for only $45, that’s a savings of $21 off the price at the gate.
We left Baltimore early hoping to beat traffic on the way down to the park, we still ended up in a bit of traffic but arrived just in time for registration and to pick up our badges. The registration process was so smooth and easy it took less than a minute really. They even gave out portable chargers which came in handy after my phone died from taking videos and pics from the event.
After being escorted into the park by Kings Dominion staff we headed to the special event tent for some delicious food. Everything was amazing lots of variety for adult and the kids. I loved the chicken fingers, the wraps, and also the salads. There was so much food for everyone to eat and enjoy. They even had lots of cold drinks to keep everyone cool during the visit.
Imagination Movers was in the house when we attending the KidsFest last week, we had VIP seating for the show that takes place at the PEANUTS Showplace. They had two showings at 1 and 4 PM. The concert is free to park guests, and seating is on a first come first serve basis. I recommend you arrive early for the show. The Imagination Movers concert was very age friendly, every age group enjoyed the show, and they were very into the crowd awesome.
Head to the park this weekend on Saturday, July 23rd to catch Genevieve Goings of Choo Choo Soul at the PEANUTS Showplace at 1 and 4 PM. Head to the Kings Dominion Facebook page to enter to win tickets and VIP seats at the concert. There are lots of other entertainment options during KidsFest as well be sure to check out the other options:
- Power UP! Dance Party – Shake it and groove it at our Power UP! Dance parties! 12:00pm-1pm & 2:30pm-3:30pm.
- Mad Science – This is not your typical science education show! Join Atomic Ali and learn more about science in a fun and interactive way. Located at the PEANUTS Playhouse 12:30pm-1:00pm & 2:45pm-3:15pm.
- Animal Education Show – Enjoy this wild show full of different animals. Get your questions ready — this engaging show will teach you all about the starring animals and their habitats. Located at the PEANUTS Playhouse 2:00pm-2:30pm & 3:30pm-4:00pm.
- Party with the PEANUTS™ Gang – Hang out with the PEANUTS™ gang! Join Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the rest of the gang to celebrate your day at Kings Dominion. Take a break and party with them daily at 2pm and 5pm at the Snoopy Fountain!
- Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular – End your day of fun with Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular! Take in the vibrant light and music extravaganza from the International Street fountain to the Carousel. 10pm-Closing
There are also a few fun activities for guest to participate in during KidsFest, one of them was the opportunity to explore a fire truck courtesy of the Hanover Fire Department. Look for the tents in the Planet Snoopy area for Kids Crafts and Lola the Clown making free balloon animals.
A trip to Kings Dominion isn’t complete without enjoying the rides. My son had a blast during his first visit to the park. He loved everything about Planet Snoopy -EVERYTHING! He enjoyed the show but he loved the train ride, bumper cars, there is a kiddie roller coaster ride he just loved, he loved the swings man he loved it all he really had a fun day.
Kings Dominion is open all summer long for hours of family fun and entertainment. Visit the website for special offers, events, park times, and more. There are some great events coming up in the next couple of weeks at Kings Dominion including BBQ and Brew Fest held during the first three weekends in August, Coaster Campout (August 19-20) where you can spend the night in the park and enjoy extra ride hours, and Oktoberfest (September 24-25).