KidOFit Barefoot Comfort Shoes Review
Disclosure: I was provided with a pair of KidOFit Barefoot Comfort Shoes for review purposes. Any and all opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced.
Shoes are a very important part of any wardrobe and one thing that’s I’ve always heard is that you should always make sure you have good shoes. Shoes take care of our feet and make sure they are healthy and protected. Often we don’t think about our foot health and making sure we are wearing comfortable shoes that fit well. As a woman I know the torture I’ve put my poor feet through just to look cute. Taking care of my children’s feet are just as important if not even more important than mines.
I requested the KidOFit Sid Brown shoe for my toddler monster. I loved them because they are the perfect casual shoes for him to wear. When they first arrived and I opened the box they were wrapped in the shoe cloth and the box also contained the extra pair of insoles. Then I looked at the bottom and thought about how cool it was that you could see through them. The transparent soles is a good way to make sure your child has a good fit on their shoes. How cute it that, my sons couldn’t stop trying to get to his toes. Both the soles are removable.
The insoles are removable to adjust the fit of the shoes. Mines came with the yellow ones inside the shoes. The instructions stated if the shoe was too big I could remove them and put the green inserts in the shoes and then put the yellow ones on top of the green ones. This helps the fit and as my son’s feet grows I can remove the green insoles to extend the life of the shoes.
I noticed right away that these shoes are cut wider than his other shoes which is perfect because he usually doesn’t like wearing shoes for too long because of fit by his pinkie toe. These shoes had lots of room with the yellow insoles so when I put in the green ones they fit him great. He must have been comfortable with them because when he wore them out he kept them on, usually when we are out with him we have to do shoe checks because he’ll take them off and drop them in the store or carts. This one was on the entire time we were at the supermarket and doctor’s office. That’s huge for us.
I wanted to share with you the bottom of the shoes, our insoles are still in the shoe but when removed you can see your child’s toes to see exactly how well the shoes fit. These shoes are flexible and the transparent soles are easy to clean after being outside and the box is strong and durable so if you plan to keep your shoes in them when your child is not wearing them they will hold up very well. These shoes are priced at $59.00 on the KidOFit website. Their shoes are in the $52 to $65 price range and can be purchased from their site. The shoe sizes are from size 4 (baby) to size 12 (toddler). These are great shoes and worth the investment is durable shoes for your child.
About Kid O Fit Barefoot Comfort Shoes:
KidOFit® shoes were created by Ron Bar, PhD in Biomedical Engineering who has been developing innovative foot-care products over 20 years. Before KidOFit®, Ron was the founder and president of Orthofeet, Inc., a leading company in the orthopedic shoe and foot orthotics business.
After selling his part in Orthofeet, Ron’s daughters – who have had difficulties finding well-fitted shoes for their kids – suggested that he should use his expertise in foot biomechanics and shoe design to develop high-quality shoes for kids. Ron took the challenge seriously, and created innovative shoes, which are designed to promote healthy foot development in infants and toddlers.
Medical experts worldwide agree that barefoot walking is optimal for foot development and enhances good posture for growing kids. KidOFit utilizes unique soles, made of thin, flexible elastomer, which perfectly mimics the barefoot walking experience and promotes natural foot motion
- CLEAR VIEW OF TOES – Transparent soles offer a clear view of the child′s toes, enabling to check how the foot is positioned inside the shoe, and when it′s time for a larger size.
- BAREFOOT COMFORT – KidOFit Barefoot Sole(TM), made of a thin, flexible elastomer, mimics barefoot walking, promoting the development of bones and muscles, and improving posture skills.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN – Soft, flexible construction allows the foot to move naturally, as close as it gets to barefoot walking. Soft, foam-padded interior-lining enhances comfort and protection.
- ANATOMICAL SHAPE – Wide, roomy Toe-Box offers a comfortable fit and extra space for toe movement. The wide base of the shoe enhances stability and walking confidence.
- EASY ON AND OFF – KidOFit shoes are constructed with a wide opening at the tongue area, enabling the foot to easily enter the shoe without having to squeeze the toes.
- FITTING INSERTS – A set of fitting inserts is available to reduce the space inside the shoe when the fit is too loose. As the foot grows, the inserts can be removed, extending the useful life of the shoe.