I’m Off On A Super Adventure in San Francisco
I can’t believe I’m off to California again on another adventure and this time it’s to San Francisco to visit Pixar Studios. Yes, you read that right. I’m going to the Pixar campus to learn all about Incredibles 2 and I’m so excited. It’s going to be an incredible trip. LOL. I’ve dreamed of visiting the Pixar campus for a while. I need to be in the place where Toy Story and UP were created. I always thought that Toy Story 4 would be the reason for my trip but I’m excited I’m getting to experience it with Incredibles 2.
There are so many great things happening in the three short days I’m on this trip, including a screening of Bao the short that will appear in front of Incredibles 2 and we get to see the first 35 minutes of the movie. Following the screening of Bao the will be a making-of presentation and Q&A with Director Domee Shi and Producer Becky Neiman.
The next day we get to dive into all things Incredibles on the Pixar campus with a few presentations and interview opportunities. Our schedule includes:
CREATING THE WORLDS OF INCREDIBLES 2
- See how the worlds in INCREDIBLES 2 came together, both through architecture and design, and urban planning. Participants include Production Designer Ralph Eggleston, Visual Designer Philip Metschan, Shading Art Director Bryn Imagire and Sets Supervisor Nathan Fariss
ANATOMY OF AN ACTION SCENE
- Hear the breakdown of an action scene from INCREDIBLES 2 and learn from the crew how it all comes together in the final film. Participants include Story Supervisor Ted Mathot, Layout Supervisor Mahyar Abousaeedi, Animator Kureha Yokoo and Effects Artist Amit Baadkar
- Get an inside look at the wardrobe and costumes created for Elastigirl, Edna Mode and newcomer Evelyn Deavor. Participants include Shading Art Director Bryn Imagire, Tailoring Lead Fran Kalal and Character Artist Deanna Marsigliese
“CREATE YOUR SUPER” ACTIVITY
- See how collaging was used by artists to conceptualize characters and their costumes, and try your own hand at creating a Super!
PIXAR STUDIO TOUR
- Guided tour of Pixar’s studio, with a focus on the brand-new art hallway featuring work from INCREDIBLES 2
- Find out more about Jack-Jack’s powers and the challenges that came along with them from the Effects team. Participants include Supervising Animator Tony Fucile, Effects Supervisor Bill Watral and Effects Artist Jason Johnston
INCREDIBLES 2 press conference with Director Brad Bird and Producers Nicole Grindle & John Walker
DISNEYLAND “Pixar Fest” presentation and Q&A with the Theme Parks team including Production Manager Krista Sheffler, Creative Director Tasha Sounart and Production Manager Heidi Holman.
I’m so excited about this whole day. I need to learn all the things and see all the things about creating this film. I’ll be reporting all of it back to my nephew who’s aspiring to be a filmmaker. I can’t wait to hear what Disneyland has in store for Pixar Fest, so if you’re a parks fan be sure to check back for the inside scoop.
After a full day at Pixar, we head to the Walt Disney Family Museum for even more Disney magic. I can’t wait to see all the amazing things displayed at the museum. We start with a guided walk-through of the “Make Believe: The World of Glen Keane” exhibit (https://waltdisney.org/
About Incredibles 2:
Everyone’s favorite family of superheroes is back in “Incredibles 2” – but this time Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is in the spotlight, leaving Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell) and Dash (voice of Huck Milner) to navigate the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life. It’s a tough transition for everyone, made tougher by the fact that the family is still unaware of baby Jack-Jack’s emerging superpowers. When a new villain hatches a brilliant and dangerous plot, the family and Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) must find a way to work together again—which is easier said than done, even when they’re all Incredible.