As a parent you always want to make sure what you are giving your children is healthy and good for them. Here’s a list of some healthy snack options for your kids. Hopefully you find something that you little one enjoys and likes to have as a treat. Some you probably already introduced to your children and some you may not have tried it yet.
- Apples – great snack for kids, just cut them up in slices suitable for you little one and they are good to go. Try to stay away from added sauces that will increase the sugar and add fat to the snack.
- Apricots – I find the best apricots come from summer crops but if you want them year round try the dried apricots they are great.
- Bananas – a great source of potassium, and its great for snacking on the go.
- Blueberries – are perfect for snacking on the go.
- Broccoli – you can serve it raw or steamed. If you’re having a hard time getting you kids to try broccoli then hiding it in their food.
- Cantaloupe – great for fruit salads and just eating in small pieces with meals or snacks.
- Carrot Sticks – are also a great snack for on the go and road trips. Just cut them up and put them in sandwich baggies.
- Cheese sticks – my kids loves cheese so cheese sticks are a match made in heaven for them. Plus they are getting the calcium from eating them.
- Cherries – is also another fruit that’s very good in the summer. It’s also much more cheaper in the summer as well.
- Cucumbers – are good for hot days, just pop them in the fridge to cool down and then slice and serve.
- Grapefruit – although it may be sour just add some sugar on the top to help with the sourness.
- Grapes – are the ultimate in on the go snacks just wash, package and go.
- Green peppers – it may be hard to get your kids to try but cut them in strips and put them in with carrot sticks and you never know what may happen.
These are just a few of those options for healthy snacks for kids. I’ll post some more snack options soon.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and clicking them supports this site.