Greek Couscous Salad via Pereg Gourmet Grains
I recently reviewed Pereg Gourmet Grains on my blog and I used their Pearl Couscous to make my family a delicious dinner. You can read get ready for fall post by clicking the link. I also shared a recipe from Pereg in the post and I wanted to share another with you. Pereg Gourmet shared with me a recipe for Greek Couscous Salad and I wanted to share it with you since I used my couscous for something different. Check out the recipe below and I hope you give this dish a try.
Greek Couscous Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 8, 1/2-cup servings
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup Pereg Gourmet Couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus 1/8 teaspoon, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered cubed
- 1 cup cucumber (1 small), deseeded and small diced
- ½ cup halved pitted kalamata olives, minced
- ¼ cup red onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Crushed black pepper
- Toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil, add 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon extra olive oil. Then add couscous and stir. Cover with a lid and remove from heat. Let couscous steam for five minutes.
2. Fluff with a fork and let cool.
3. In large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, olives, red onions and then stir in couscous.
4. In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, remaining oil and salt, black pepper until well blended. Toss with couscous mixture and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh mint, feta and pine nuts right before serving.
The recipe and the photos were provided to me by Pereg Gourmet. For more recipes and to purchase your own Pereg products be sure to visit their website.
- Foodie Friday: Spring Chicken with Vegetable Couscous & Pesto (chicgalleria.com)
- Sam Hewitt: Cold Couscous Salad (snwh.org)
- Recipe: Mediterranean Cauliflower Couscous Salad – Recipes from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)
- Recipe: Pearl Couscous Salad (theepochtimes.com)