One of the most important things to me is reading. I love diving into a new book and finding new friends in the pages of that book. When my husband and I started our family we wanted to make sure we shared books with our kids. We wanted them to find joy in reading, so we’ve always made sure they had a full range of books.
One of the reasons I love ZonderKidz is because we get to include our faith in the books that we share. All of our kids first Bible was from Zondervan. We are always purchasing their titles for our kids, family members, and friends. We love gifting books for birthdays, special occasions, and holidays to help spread the joy of reading. This month ZonderKidz sent us four titles to review. Each one special in its own way.
This month’s box from Zonderkidz had four different books for us to share with our children and add to their library. The special feature was ‘A Kite For Moon’ by New York Times bestselling author Jane Yolen and Heidi E.Y. Stemple and illustrated by award-winning artist Matt Phelan.
This picture book tells a heartfelt story about a young boy’s fascination and unlikely friendship with the moon. Dedicated to Neil Armstrong, this book gives a nod to the 50th anniversary of the first U.S. moon landing, which will be celebrated in July of this year.
Introducing our faith to our children has always been easy thanks to ZonderKidz. The ‘Tiny Truths Illustrated Bible’ is another great example of just that. I love that my kids can open the pages of this book and see people of bible that look like them. This creative illustrated book has stories of the bible told just for young kids.
The Tiny Truths Illustrated Bible will engage young readers with fun, unique, and whimsical illustrations, featuring important stories from diversely represented characters like Noah, Moses, King David, and Jesus!
If you’re looking for a beautiful, color-filled journey to show your children or grandchildren how special they are and how much they are loved by God, then look no further than this heartwarming picture book—Little Sweet Pea, God Loves You.
Featuring read-aloud rhymes and adorable illustrations, Little Sweet Pea, God Loves You is the perfect book for a parent, grandparent, or any other loved one to share with the little one in their life. With each reading, it will bring joy to your child’s heart, and might even bring a tear to your eye as the charming illustrations and sweet rhymes remind you how precious these moments are between you and your Little Sweet Pea.
Packed with exciting features that help tween girls better understand themselves and Scripture, the NIV Ultimate Bible for Girls teaches girls that the Bible is real, relevant, and, best of all, that the story of God and his people is also their story.
- Book introductions—Read about the who, when, where, and what of each book.
- Dream Girl—Use your imagination to put yourself in the story.
- Bring It On!—Take quizzes to really get to know yourself.
- Is There a Little (Eve, Ruth, Isaiah) in You?—See for yourself what you have in common.
- Words to Live By—Check out these Bible verses that are great for memorizing.
- What Happens Next?—Create a list of events to tell a Bible story in your own words.
- Oh, I Get It!—Find answers to Bible questions you’ve wondered about.
- The complete New International Version (NIV) translation
- Vibrant, two-color interior
- Beautiful cover design with foil and glitter
- Features written by bestselling author and tween expert Nancy Rue