Desert Essence Hair Product Review
As a woman of color with natural hair finding the right hair products can be very challenging. When you add in my sensitive skin it makes for an even more challenging feat. I’m very skeptical about trying new products on my hair. I just prefer not to take the risk if I can. I’ve tried a few products from Moms Meet and loved them so much that I switched them out with regular products I’d been using, so when I had the opportunity to review the Desert Essence Shampoo, Conditioner, and Hair Mask, I decided to give it a try.
Disclosure: “I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.”
Desert Essence was very generous and sent our two full-sized shampoos, two full-sized conditioners, and one full-sized hair mask in addition to a few other goodies for me to try. The package included a few directions for me to try the anti-breakage shampoo and conditioner.
- Try Desert Essence Anti-Breakage Shampoo and Conditioner for yourself.
- When using Desert Essence Anti-Breakage Shampoo, apply a quarter-sized amount to wet hair, lather, and rinse. Repeat if necessary.
- When using Desert Essence Anti-Breakage Conditioner, apply to wet hair and massage gently. Leave on 1 to 2 minutes, then rinse.
- For a weekly self-care treatment, use Desert Essence Anti-Breakage Hair Mask for a deeper condition. Apply to wet hair after using Desert Essence Anti-Breakage Shampoo. Spread evenly from root to tip, concentrating on the ends. For fine or oily hair, only apply to the body of the hair, not the roots or scalp. For thick or dry hair, apply all over. Leave on for 20–30 minutes and then rinse thoroughly. To maximize benefit, cover your hair with a shower cap and wrap in a hot towel.
Breakage is a big problem with my natural hair. Since my hair is so coarse and thick, it’s easy for it to get tangled and dried out. Anytime I braid or twist my hair I have some breakage. It was honestly a problem I’ve just learned to live with since going natural. So I was excited about trying the anti-breakage products from Desert Essence to see how it helped with strengthening my hair.
Aside from adding color to my hair, it’s completely natural, so when it comes times for wash day, it’s a tedious task. Of course with my thicker hair, I need more product that is recommended to use, and I always have a two-step wash with shampoo before moving on to conditioner.
I decided to do a conditioning treatment when washing my hair trying the product. My hair takes a lot of conditioners so I was surprised that I only need about half my normal amount when using the Desert Essence Anti-Breakage Conditioner on my hair. I can easily use about a third of a bottle before I start to feel my hair get back soft and manageable after shampooing. I felt the Desert Essence Anti-Breakage Shampoo didn’t strip my hair as much as my regular brand, so it didn’t feel dry and brittle.
Putting in my flat twist was a breeze when using this product. I immediately noticed a decrease in breakage when styling my hair while I was using the Desert Essence Anti-Breakage products. My hair felt stronger and softer at the same time. I almost didn’t want to share the samples we received in our kit with friends and family, but I did because they need to try it themselves and see how great this product is.
One of the best things I’ve noticed when using the Desert Essence Anti-Breakage products was how well my twist out lasted and how long it stayed without tangling. Washing after a twist out was a breeze and I only saw a small fraction of the breakage I’m used to seeing when washing my hair. These products are winners and will be added to my beauty line up for me along with my daughter.
If you’re looking for a new hair care regime I suggest checking out this special offers from Desert Essence. Readers can take 20% off Anti-Breakage and Smoothing Hair Care Products on desertessence.com with the promo code DELovesMomsMeet.
About Desert Essence Anti-Breakage Shampoo and Conditioner:
- Infused with an exclusive blend of Country Life Maxi-Hair® plus Biotin, this breakthrough formula with Keratin and Pro-Vitamin B5 helps reduce breakage up to 61%.
- Rich in nourishing Jojoba and coconut oils, aloe, and saw palmetto, these ingredients smooth and fortify hair cuticles, and revitalize hair strands to minimize breakage.
- The botanical oils and radish seed extract provide incredible shine.
- The aloe and moisturizing shea butter in the Anti-Breakage Conditioner help detangle and condition hair.
Where to purchase
Desert Essence Anti-Breakage Shampoo and Conditioner is available to purchase at Natural Grocers, Lucky’s Market, MOM’s Organic Market, and many other local natural food stores. To find Desert Essence Anti-Breakage Shampoo and Conditioner in your area, visit desertessence.com/store-locator. You can find these products in the hair and body care aisle.