Candy Free Treats For Halloween from Peeps
Over the years my kids school has allowed less and less food to school for parties and celebrations. When my daughter started I would make treat bags for each classmate for all holidays and volunteer in class for all the celebrations. When my son entered school their school had a different policy regarding class parties and celebrations. Birthday parties weren’t allowed and no home made snacks during class holiday parties. This year the policy is even more strict. All food parties have been banned from school, we are only allowed to bring in pencils, erasers, stickers and things of those nature for class holiday parties. Thanks to Peeps my son’s classmates will be getting some sweet candy free treats for Halloween this year.
“The PEEPS® and PEEPS & COMPANY® products, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by PEEPS® and PEEPS & COMPANY®.”
My son has Autism and his entire class is made of other children with special needs, some have Autism, Down Syndrome, Sensory Processing Disorder and most of his classmates have special diets and eating issues. Thanks to Peeps I now have a lovely box of goodies that would make perfect treats for his classmates. The stuffed toys work for children like my son who like something soft to hug and squeeze. The ear buds work for kids that like listening to music, and the other items I plan to donate to his teacher’s sensory box for playing during the school year. Companies like Peeps and organizations like the Teal Pumpkin Project are promoting inclusion.
The Teal Pumpkin Project™ is a national initiative from Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE) that promotes safety, inclusion and respect of individuals managing food allergies by encouraging households to display a teal pumpkin and provide non-food treats for trick-or-treaters. This movement provides an alternative for kids with food allergies, as well as other children for whom candy is not an option, and keeps Halloween a fun, positive experience for all!.
If you’re looking for fun treats to pass out to trick-or-treaters this Halloween be sure to check out Peeps and right now you can save on your online purchase by using discount code HALLOWPEEPS15 to save 30% off your order. Here’s more about the items included in my box.
Information about PEEPS & COMPANY® products:
- PEEPS® Chick and Bunny Rectangular Magnets: Chick and bunny designed magnets. SRP: $1.50 each.
- PEEPS® Rubber Bracelets: Various colored rubber bracelets. SRP: $1.99 each.
- PEEPS® Witch Chick Plush: Double, Double Toil and Trouble – this PEEPS® plush Witch Chick is up to no good. Not all PEEPS® can be sweet and fluffy. This Chick is a witch busy mixing up some spells in the candy cauldron this fall. SRP: $6.99.
- NEW PEEPS® Halloween Plush: PEEPS & COMPANY® created three exclusive Halloween plush varieties to help celebrate the season. The plush items resemble the marshmallow treats and are available in a spooky brown cat, a scary ghost and two stacked jack o’ lantern shapes. SRP: $6.99.
- MIKE AND IKE® Fuzzy Keychain: An orange Mike & Ike fuzzy keychain. SRP: $2.00.
- MIKE AND IKE® Green Earbuds: Green Mike and Ike ear buds. SRP: $3.00.
- MIKE AND IKE® Drawstring Backpack: An orange Mike & Ike drawstring backpack. SRP: $3.25.
Thanks to Peeps and Company one lucky reader will win a similar package like mines to pass out for Halloween. The giveaway is open to US residents 18 and older. Ends October 22nd at 11:59 PM. Enter via the tool below.