This past weekend I participated in my first blogathon. I wrote my kick off post sharing with you about what the blogathon was about and the goals I had set for myself. Here’s a quick recap of what I wanted to get done that weekend. I wanted to write 5 reviews, 3 sponsored posts, clean up my back end, fix pictures and broken links, work on SEO from old posts and fix my categories and tags on my old posts. Since this was my first ever blogathon I didn’t know what to expect. Here’s a list of what I got done this weekend.
- I didn’t get to post all the reviews I wanted. My camera was acting up so my photos were being held hostage. I did get one done over the weekend. You can read it here.
- I posted one sponsored post this weekend instead of three from my goals. The main reason being some of the others were not what I felt was a good fit for my blog. You can read my post about wedding centerpieces.
- I didn’t realize there would be mini challenges from the Blogathon and it got me working on things I didn’t even plan on working on. Like we had to drop everything and write. So I got this post about Fairy tale remakes.
- There was also a challenge for a recipe and I post my White Velvet Cupcakes as a part of the challenge.
- I also participated in challenges that helped me learn to back up my blog, sharing on social media, watermarking photos, expanding my Google+ and LinkedIn profiles, fixing the grammar on old post and branding your site. I would highly suggest any blogger to check out some of the amazing content in the mini challenges because they definitely helped me.
- I did get to clean up my back end a bit but I didn’t get around to photos. Two of my kids were very sick this weekend and I was under the weather but I still tried to do what I could.
- What I liked most about the blogathon was for three days I had access to some awesome bloggers who have so much useful information. They were super helpful and answered as many questions as they could. I found some great blogs and got some awesome tips to improve my blog this year. I can’t wait for June to do it all over again. The connections I made this weekend were super helpful and soon I will be making some changes on the blog.