I am working on getting better at posting the cupcakes I bake but I have been baking weekly cupcakes like I said I would. I love these white velvet cupcakes, I adapted them from Rose’s Heavenly Cakes. I had to change some things to make it easier for me to bake since some of the things she listed I didn’t have them on hand. These are sure to become you go to Vanilla cupcake and it’s a great base recipe to create even more delicious goodies.
I really like these because they are soft and fluffy but better than any box mix you can find. It’s not hard to make at all and they keep moist. I left mines out overnight and the next day they were still as soft as they were the day before. They would work great for weddings, birthday parties, showers, or what ever occasion you are celebrating. Plus you can do like I did and use different kinds of frosting on the cupcakes as well.
The first cupcake has buttercream frosting on top and the second has White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. Both work well with this cupcake and I’m sure it could work with a Chocolate Frosting or a Ganache as well. Check out the recipe below.
White Velvet Cupcakes
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||15 minutes|
|Total time||25 minutes|
|From book||Rose's Heavenly Cakes|
- 2/3 cups milk
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons plus 1/8 baking powder
- 1 stick butter
- 3 egg whites
I use a basic cream cheese frosting recipe with these cupcakes and then add some melted candy melts to the end of the recipe and that’s how easy it is to make it a white chocolate cream cheese frosting.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, room temperature
- 2-3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula, soften cream cheese. Gradually add butter, and continue beating until smooth and well blended. Sift in confectioners’ sugar, and continue beating until smooth. Add vanilla, and stir to combine.
- I simply add 1/2 cup of melted vanilla candy melts to the end of this basic cream cheese frosting recipe.
|In a medium bowl lightly combine the egg whites, 1/4 cup milk and vanilla.|
|In a large mixer bowl combine the dry ingredients and mix on low speed for 30 seconds to blend. Add the butter and remaining 3/4 cup milk. Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened. Increase to medium speed (high speed if using a hand mixer) and beat for 1 1/2 minutes to aerate and develop the cake's structure. Scrape down the sides. Gradually add the egg mixture in 3 batches, beating for 20 seconds after each addition to incorporate the ingredients and strengthen the structure. Scrape down the sides.|
|Scrape the batter into the prepared cupcake pans and smooth the surface with a spatula. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until a tester inserted near the center comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in the center.|
|Let the cupcakes cool in the pans on racks for 10 minutes.|